RUDE PEOPLE INFRINGE ON MY TANK ZEN

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

RUDE PEOPLE INFRINGE ON MY TANK ZEN

Post by blastard »

Gentlemen:

I feel like I might be a little out of the loop here, but is there any general policy or standard on RUDE people and bad sports? I know cheating gets you banned in certain places. I have a thick skin but lately I have seen several people bullying and swearing at people new to the game.

When I was young........I was a nerd and got picked on. Now I am a college professor......still a nerd......but I do not get picked on anymore but I still hate seeing it happen to others. I hope this is not too stupid a topic :shock:
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

regretfully, it still happens, no matter how old you are.

Dunno if there's anything to be done about it -- it's really a function of how strict / lax and quantity of admins for a given server.

Peace
Fiber
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

:( That's too bad Blastard. :( Bullies are just big babies. My advice would be to play on well adminned servers.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Sorry Space but
Bullies are just people grow up only in inches "see on ID or drive license voice "Height"
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: RUDE PEOPLE INFRINGE ON MY TANK ZEN

Post by Dervish »

blastard wrote:I have a thick skin but lately I have seen several people bullying and swearing at people new to the game.
I've seen this happen so many times on public servers, mostly because almost any kind of on-line game is bound to attract immature kids.

Some kids are just cruel. They don't know how to deal with emotions, especially those of insecurity, so they lash out at others.

I'd just ignore it. If it gets repetitive or out of hand, feel free to step in and whack the bully down to size. If you're a professor, I'm sure you'd have no problem embarrassing the bully into submission (or at least get him focused on you instead of the poor newbie). Then you can re-log under a different name and continue the joy of blasting other tanks. ;)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}

Post by Guest »

you can turn those messages off right....from the /silence commands.....???
Merry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Merry »

Yes you can, by SILENVCE so and so. It works. (Even though I haven't tried it.;-))And tthen you put UNSILENCE so and so.
The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
blastard
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ-IGGY I love it

Post by blastard »

Hi Gents:

I do not mind when people are rude to me.......I just smile and blow them to bits. It is the other players I worry about. I am most excited about BZIGGY. I will spread the news!! Thanks to all.

Oh......for the record: Professor Edward wields his classroom power with fairness and with the best interests of his classroom in mind. When I have to put some idiot punk student on the spot, I usually do not enjoy myself...............much.

Edward
Blastard
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

Well said..DD....well said!!!!!