Hunt maps...??

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Discovery
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hunt maps...??

Post by Discovery »

What has happened to them? I dont see many rabbit maps any more, Are they just not popular...or not discovered...

What ya'll think? :?
SURRENDER!
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Imo, htr maps are the least popular of bzflag server. Not only do more people like ctf and ffa, but the creators of the server would rather make a ffa or ctf map since more people will probably play on it. However, i do like them and hopefully there will be more created soon...
Geo Dude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Geo Dude »

i don't like them and i don'y play on them but i think that there un popular
in my opinion
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

among the rabbit hunt maps fox burrow, island hopping and pinball seem to be the most popular. i don't like the style too much, but all of these maps are pretty good, except maybe the tank speed on pinball could be a bit lower.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Rabbit is my favorite style, and the ones that GM mentioned above are the ones that are usually played. Another good one is bzflag3.tuxee.net:45154 Tuxee (great for Europeans, it's hosted in France), it hasn't been as popular lately. It is by far the least popular style, but I think that is because many don't give it the time required to become good at it. It also has a weird scoring system (that I haven't figured out yet, but that is because I don't care about my score) that I think some people get frustrated with. If I am looking to play, and there is a rabbit game going, that is where you will find me.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

I think rabbit hunt is fun, but it kinda gets old after a while. I was going to make a rabbit hunt labyrinth map, but I might just leave them all CTF.
agron
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by agron »

i also miss this maps
soad freak
Private First Class
Private First Class

why i dislike rabbit hunts

Post by soad freak »

i think no adays everyone is after there own score so its everyone for him/herself in rabbit hunts. I would definatly playa rabbit hunt were hunters could kill each other over killing the rabbit. A rogue rabbit hunt.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

There's also Tomb of the Dead, and someone mentioned Pinball already (I run both).
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

I give rabbit hunt a 3 of five (ctf=4.5 to 5 of 5,ffa=3.5/5)

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

Frankly, I would like to see more of them, though there are some good ones out. Like pinball by root is somtimes popular. But either way, they do get old and anre fun at first but afully annoying when the rabbit gets a stealth flag or a good wings flag. oh ya- speaking of wings, the mountains rabbit hunt is also really fun. My fav would be ctf, like "two castles" or "two tanks" and my absolute favorite is "the compound" but I havn't seen that in a while. :cry:
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

In my opinion I don't like hunt maps because in one level if u get burrow ur while body gets underground, they can't kill u except w/ sw. Some ppl hide under a huge tower and no one can kill them. Although the only hunt map I like is island hopping but that is still around!
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

sniper1234
Somewhat incorrect: you can kill them by squishing them beneath your tank, but it is very hard to do.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
yourmom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yourmom »

i try to use rabbit hunt on my server. more people play it than when i use ctf or ffa =)
Owner @ Yourmom
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

rofl you should guys play more. The most popular servers are
The two Tanks(1st consul's server in.bzleague.com:5156), then comes
vipers (viper2.pimpi.org i think i am writed correctly), then Badgerkings server, WNC Grein Austria, GU servers with has HTR brad.bz:5155 or 5156 don't remember HTR is almost full at 14.00 GMT +2 and till all leave.
I reccomend to you to come play there on brad's HTR because if you come then 100% if gu players don't sleep they will come:) and much times there comes some newbies too... 8)
learner
General
General

tipping point

Post by learner »

I'm sure out of 220 servers currently running that there are at least a couple rabbit hunt maps running. The trouble with finding one is a tipping point problem -- the map isn't really fun with just a couple people. You need a lot of people. So they're rarely popular unless a lot of people are playing on one, and a lot of people aren't playing on one because nobody else is playing on one, etc. A nasty little cycle. Your best chance is probably to go to one of the popular servers, find at least two others that want to play rabbit hunt, and announce (just once) where you're going and that others are welcome to join. After a little while of playing, more will join just because people are playing and before long (assuming you picked a server that can handle the bandwidth), there usually will then be a lot of people playing. Happy hunting.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

I like rabbit hunt, in the last days is the server "Hix hunt the Wabbit" (brad.bz:5157) full of players, and it makes really fun!!

:)
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

I think i might play HTR maps more if it were a rogue map, altough it'd get a little frustrating, that said, why not have teams to hunt the rabbit? Hunting teams for instance then you can kill eachother and still HTR.

It might not be the greatest idea in the world, but it's ok * i think*
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

If you had teams, it would defeat the purpose of hunting the rabbit when you still have to hunt other teams. It would be more ctf than htr.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

The best Rabbit Hunt game: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt.

Off the chizzle.
...This has been a recording.
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

I_Died_Once wrote:The best Rabbit Hunt game: The Passion of the Rabbit Hunt.

Off the chizzle.
Fo' suo' my hizzle.

I one time went 5 minutes without getting killed. There was at least 15 people. I was using burrow 8)

There was this one map Quantumbeep ran. It had a huge tower in the middle, it had a good week near the top of the server list.
/loves meteorite's mom
the enemy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the enemy »

I really love Rabbit Hunt and will frequently choose that if I see one being played.

One map that worked really well was Basement by Corndawg. I haven't seen that in a long time, but it was good fun. Anyone have a copy of the world file? I can't find it in the map-making forums.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

H0ley wrote:There was this one map Quantumbeep ran. It had a huge tower in the middle, it had a good week near the top of the server list.
Waldo's Revenge?
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by H0ley »

L4m3r wrote:
H0ley wrote:There was this one map Quantumbeep ran. It had a huge tower in the middle, it had a good week near the top of the server list.
Waldo's Revenge?
WALDO's Revenge! With a bit of tweaking, that place would rule.
/loves meteorite's mom