Name | Operating System Support | In Active Development | Notes |
- BZEdit | Linux | No | The basic 3D BZW editor |
- BZWorld | Cross-Platform | No | 2D BZW editor written in Java. |
- BZEdit32 | Windows | No | Commonly called "BZEdit". Successful reports of running in Linux with WINE exist. |
- PyBZEdit | Cross-platform | No | Developed and written in Python, requires some dated dependencies. Supports mesh and textures. |
- iBZEdit | macOS | No | Likely does not run any more due to macOS changes. |
- BzfEd | Linux | No | Appears to be mainly an update of BZEdit. |
- GtkBzedit | Cross-Platform | No | Source code and app are not available. |
- FPEdit | Linux | No | Simple 2D editor with Perl requirement. |
- RatBZEdit | Cross-Platform | No | Object editing and 3D rendering remained as TODO. |
- BZWorkBench | Cross-Platform | No | 3D editor with mesh support and texture support. |
- UnityBZWTools | Cross-Platform | No | Search forum for detailed data. |
- WebBZEdit | Cross-Platform | Yes | Map Editor which leverages modern web technologies for cross-platform support. |
Tools and Utilities:
- Bmp2Bzw Converts .bmp files into maps.
- BZReader Texture grabber and organizer for images.bzflag.org
- BZFlag MapU - Box to Mesh Builds a mesh based on specifications for a box. (Some errors may be present.)
- DI-machine Converts .obj files into pure drawInfo. (Requires PHP.)
- applescript Material Generator AppleScript program for bzw materials generation.
- pyconvert Converts old style (1.0) maps into textured mesh maps.
- Anim8or to BZW Converter Tool to convert cubes in animator to .bzw boxes, pyramids or teleporters.
- random generator Tool for helping generate random symmetric maps with the "group" object.
- BZWTools Plug-in for viewing and editing bzw maps in Blender. (Does not work with current version of Blender.)
- UnityBZFlagBoxExport Supports the creation and positioning of boxes in 3D view. (Nearly a map editor.)
- ModelTool Current go to tool for converting .obj files to bzw mesh maps.