Can someone revive iBZedit

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
Dr Robotnik
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can someone revive iBZedit

Post by Dr Robotnik »

This project does not deserve to die like it did. we mac users deserve a nice editor and server control like you win/linux folk! Anyone willing?
captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

i second that
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

And that is why BZWorkbench is currently being developed.

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10820
captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

is that actually getting worked on? I though it was scrapped...
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

captainmack wrote:is that actually getting worked on? I though it was scrapped...
No. It just hasn't seen much work lately. So, if anyone wants to see a nice cross-platform editor for BZFlag, get coding. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

hey does any one know like by when this will be finished. i know it takes time to create a program but about an estimated time would be.....
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Ha You Got Shot By Me wrote:hey does any one know like by when this will be finished. i know it takes time to create a program but about an estimated time would be.....
iBZEdit is dead. It's author moved on.

Your best bet is to contribute to BZWB if you want a map editor.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Ha You Got Shot By Me wrote:hey does any one know like by when this will be finished. i know it takes time to create a program but about an estimated time would be.....
blast wrote:So, if anyone wants to see a nice cross-platform editor for BZFlag, get coding. ;)
When you start working on it, let us know when it will be done. :)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Can someone revive iBZedit

Post by clarahobbs »

Dr Robotnik wrote:This project does not deserve to die like it did. we mac users deserve a nice editor and server control like you win/linux folk! Anyone willing?
We Linux people have a nice editor? How come I haven't heard of this? What is it?
FKA Ratfink
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: Can someone revive iBZedit

Post by Winny »

Ratfink wrote:
Dr Robotnik wrote:This project does not deserve to die like it did. we mac users deserve a nice editor and server control like you win/linux folk! Anyone willing?
We Linux people have a nice editor? How come I haven't heard of this? What is it?
I wouldn't really call it "nice", but you do have BZFed available. Keep in mind, it's only for "1.0" objects.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/BZFed

In all honestly, I prefer making my meshes in Blender, and then exporting them in modeltool.. This is probably more or less your best bet if you want to get into custom meshing (Blender or Wings works).