BZWorkBench for Macs (Now Universal!)

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZWorkBench for Macs (Now Universal!)

Post by jpenguin »

So, I got BZWorkBench compile on my mac, I used frameworks for OpenSceneGraph & LibPNG. I put everything in an app bundle and uploaded here

Universal
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymllntygalm
Last edited by jpenguin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netochka nezvanova
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by netochka nezvanova »

eh i only see an welcome page of the mediafire hosting service

cant find a link to the files ...

or am i getting old ? for me now its early morning .....

:?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

netochka nezvanova wrote:eh i only see an welcome page of the mediafire hosting service

cant find a link to the files ...

or am i getting old ? for me now its early morning .....

:?
Try again. I fixed his URL a bit (had a stray /url at the end, probably from a [/url] tag)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Says safari is an unsupported browser. Or downloads an HTML file.

Edit.. I did get it to download, by clicking the link near "ourstage"
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

Does it work?
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

jpenguin wrote:Does it work?
Your link was incorrect in your first post, but blast fixed it for you. Optic Delusion also said he got it working.
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

A Heart Attack wrote:
jpenguin wrote:Does it work?
Your link was incorrect in your first post, but blast fixed it for you. Optic Delusion also said he got it working.
I meant the binary. I made one that should be universal--

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymllntygalm
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

I downloaded and opened the program. It starts fine, shows an 'empty map'. However, when trying to create objects like boxes etc I get the three positioning arrows but no visible object. It crashes when trying to open most maps or does nothing at all (even for simple 1.10.x-maps like hix). So basically I get it up and running, but cant do anything with it.

I wonder if thats bzworkbench's or your fault. :|

Oh.. and it looks like Windows 95. But I think thats the way it has to be for now.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Saturos
welcome to development code.

bzworkbench is no no way done nor really usable. We need people to finish it.

I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think that building it for [INSERT PLATFORM HERE] will somehow magically make it done or work.

The majority of the work on the project is done on the backend, it has nearly no end user interface.
ImageJeffM
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

JeffM wrote:Saturos

I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think that building it for [INSERT PLATFORM HERE] will somehow magically make it done or work.

The majority of the work on the project is done on the backend, it has nearly no end user interface.
It was more of a proof-of--concept port. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I still us iBZEdit & a good text-editor to make my maps. I agree, that the current UI is kinda ugly; I would like to see an editor made in QT4, but then again I really have no ground to give orders :-)
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

jpenguin wrote:It was more of a proof-of--concept port. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I still us iBZEdit & a good text-editor to make my maps. I agree, that the current UI is kinda ugly; I would like to see an editor made in QT4, but then again I really have no ground to give orders :-)
Technically, no one has any grounds to give orders. This is an open-source project that always welcomes help. I am not someone who could say whether QT4 is a direction we want this to move, but if you have the experience and the will it wouldn't hurt to discuss it out on the IRC channel #bzflag with the developers. The worst that can happen is them saying no... well.. except if they say yes. ;)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

JeffM wrote:Saturos

I didnt expect it to be "done" or "usable", I was just puzzled if something went wrong while jpenguin made the build or if he did everything fine and bzworkbench just isnt into usable stages yet.

I havent followed the development closely enough, so I didnt know. Thanks for the status update. :)
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

It really doesn't matter, but- why was the thread for the Windows build made sticky an this thread isn't sticky?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Because it was created while the program was still in active development.

As well, it was built by a developer, so it's more "official".