The Event Maps on BZFlag

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Event Maps on BZFlag

Post by FangUp »

Hello everyone!
if there is still anyone reading this please answer to this!
I was thinking about making Event maps.
Its pretty simple lets say for Christmas it would be a map with Snow ( -set _rainType snow ) , and some textures like snowy tree and presents , gifts from santa under them!
Now lets say for Halloween it Could be some Pumpkins with Torch inside! and some ghosts and black-purple sky! and scary things! Grip Reaper!
For Easter there would be like Half a way Snow and Other half melted and nature, flowers and bunnies around!

For Christmas i would do FFA, for Halloween FFA too, but for Easter lets say CTF with 1 team on Snow side (snow, snowmans...) and other with Nature - Spring (bunnies, plants...)

Now to make this maps MORE wanted! i have a suggestion: This maps will be on only 2 weeks than removed. lets say 1 week before christmas starts and 1 week after it.
That will make them more wanted!
If you need any help i have ALOT of ideas, what can i say hehe im an Imagination kinda guy:)

Please post what you think!
Have Fun!

- FangUp
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: The Event Maps on BZFlag

Post by optic delusion »

This should not stop you from making your own... but

We have done this at Planet MoFo for halloween and christmas.
Pumpkin with a candle inside..bats, skeletons, crypt...
Santa, trees and presents, snowman.
Never did do an easter map.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.