textures ?

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

textures ?

Post by Winny »

will the next version of bz edit support textures so like we can put them in while we are working on the map not with text? I think it would also be easier to share maps with this option
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: textures ?

Post by RPG »

Win Xp wrote:will the next version of bz edit support textures so like we can put them in while we are working on the map not with text? I think it would also be easier to share maps with this option
BZEdit is defunct. Nobody is currently maintaining it. What's released now is what you are forced to use, as nothing is coming in the near future.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

really why is no one doing any thing with it ?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

because noone has steped up to the plate to add new features. BZEdit is not part of the core distrobution, so we do not keep it up to date with the client and server.

The soruce is in CVS, anyone is welcome to add to it.
ImageJeffM
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

BZedit would be so powerful if it would support those features :o
I wonder when some people that know how to program are going to mess with it and add stuff.
Last edited by ^nightmare^ on Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Wings3D is techinically BZEdit, you just don't get the grass and walls.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

RPG
not really. Wings3d is a model editor. You can make maps that contain models sure, but there are many things bzedit can do that a general editor can not. Like Teleporters, links, boxes, pyramids, etc... There are cases where you do not want to use a mesh, and for those cases the mesh editor will fail you.

New features, like groups, materials, draw info, and all that, will have to be done in text as well.
ImageJeffM
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

I also found it hard to make a whole map out of one mesh. Its increases the file size, is hard to place teleporters on, and in wings the texcoords always stretch the texture and somtimes you dont want them to do that. I use bzedit and wings together.

In Bzedit I make some boxes(perferably pyramids) and I add the definition for the object, then I replace each box with group thing and there they are.