iBZEdit news (bug info!!!)

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

iBZEdit news (bug info!!!)

Post by BinarySpike »

I have found the error that makes the maps not open position, size, and rotation...

Endenting...

example

Code: Select all

#doesn't work
box
   pos 10 10 10
   size 10 10 10
   rot 10
end

#does work
box
pos 10 10 10
size 10 10 10
rot 10 10 10
end
This will be updated in the alpha-beta release, I just figured it out and when I update boxy war then I will work on finishing the final things before I release the last pre-alpha...

also here's some things were gonna do between next release and the alpha-beta...
  • pre-loaded textures into OpenGL (should make textures a whole lotta fasta) *done* thanks a whoooole lot to JeffM and MACnus on this
  • delete undo history (so you can undo the last 25 or so deletes)
  • node rendering, allows us to swap textures once for each texture... (whole lotta fasta textures, also support for z picking for transparency
  • time based anamation (all computers will render at same speed, give slower computers more CPU time and make camera movement same on all computers... also support for dynamic textures (wOOt))
  • teleporters (no link support... other stuff done)
  • rewrite of the saving and opening (no more opening bug) (saving bug fixed on some more machines... NEED TESTERS!!!)
  • arcs (were gonna do these first thing... :D)
  • and finally!!! QuickTim and his older brother have created a great NIB were gonna port to... and you panther+ users will have a nice interface (some things in interface aren't supported in Jaguar so I'll redo the buttons for the Jaguar users... or maybe not they might revert back)
*edit*
version pending... want to finish tele saving and rendering
*/edit*

Also, the forums are down for at least me... at forumsplace so somebody asked if they could host it... I said it was ok but we have to set it up...
Last edited by BinarySpike on Sat May 27, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AGeek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AGeek »

Um im not sure about aDelusion, but it was me and my older brother for sure... also my version fits apples Human Interface Display Standards :)
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Sorry, I could swear I thought your older brother was a-delusion
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

BinarySpike wrote:Sorry, I could swear I thought your older brother was a-delusion
Lol. The funniest thing I heard in weeks!

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: iBZEdit news (bug info!!!)

Post by tw1sted »

BinarySpike wrote:I have found the error that makes the maps not open position, size, and rotation...

Endenting...

example

Code: Select all

#doesn't work
box
   pos 10 10 10
   size 10 10 10
   rot 10
end

#does work
box
pos 10 10 10
size 10 10 10
rot 10 10 10
end
ive noticed the same thing when im makeing the map from hand...

and i was wondering when teleporters will be added to the list of items (OT i know)
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Re: iBZEdit news (bug info!!!)

Post by BinarySpike »

A Heart Attack wrote: and i was wondering when teleporters will be added to the list of items (OT i know)
Teleporter and arcs will appear at the same time, but linking won't be supported till MACnus get's done with school stuff, it requires some of his Cocoa knowledge...

(I will add the classes at the same time to save on compiling time...)

Either it is a bug, or just the apple devs being stupid but I can't get dynamic menus working (like... display a list of all the tele's that you can link to)

Arcs are easy, just some simple radius math... (I swear it better be degrees and not radians)

Anyway got a big thing down in my state going on... About to leave for a long trip... (get to play my GC in the car :twisted:)

Will be back sunday, have fun guys :wink: