revenge flag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

revenge flag

Post by Ratatosk »

ok how about a flag that when you are shot the guy who shot you dies too
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Interesting. You could also call this flag destiny bond, if you know what I'm talking about. I know the Wilderness map by Army of One had a world weapon plugin that would create a shock wave in the location that a person died. That made the game really tough though. Seeing as how you would need to die to use this flag, it would make it rather pointless, given the fact that you would have a better chance of killing somebody without this flag than going around looking for it and then killing someone.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

A , distraction, that rule pretty much applies to all flags...Going hunting For GM just to have a ST own you when you get it, it's kind of pointless.

My Remarks on the flag...

I don't really see the need for this flag, although it might be better than PZ (phantom zone)

It's not very helpful in anyway, since it would basically make anyone your team. EVEN rogue...not that you have to work with them...but if u kill them, u explode, So i would vote no
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

well if some one dident know you had flag they would still shoot you
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Hence you would still die.

Which is just a score that stays the same. if you want revenge, hunt him and shoot 'im
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

no i mean if u die the person dies for shoothin you
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

I understand that...This flag will still get you shot, thereby canceling out the point you would get for getting shot. My remarks are still the same.

I don't like it
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

no if you have it you will be protected and woulnt have to worry
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

The Cow Whisperer wrote:no i mean if u die the person dies for shoothin you
The Cow Whisperer wrote:ok how about a flag that when you are shot the guy who shot you dies too
I was under the impression that it doesn't protect you, just kills guy who shot you...I Now see ONE good thing about this flag, Campers die :lol-old: :lol-old:

but your also contradicting yourself now...Does it kill you or act as a shield flag when you get shot?
Last edited by Davy Jones on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Eh, it's not that it's too powerful, it's just not a very good flag idea. It's an easy way out for a lot of people with no skills. Learn to use V, QT, and A to your advantage to dodge, then go back and shoot the guy attacking you.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Davy Jones wrote:I understand that...This flag will still get you shot, thereby canceling out the point you would get for getting shot. My remarks are still the same.

I don't like it
You don't seem to have a clue...
If you have this flag and are shot, by someone else, that person will also die.
It's possible that people will not shoot you if they see you with the flag, giving you a sort of immunity until someone doesn't notice that you have the flag - or does and shoots you anyway - and when this happens, you can at least be glad that they died too.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

I think it's a bad idea. When you get killed, you have to lose a point. There won't be any skill needed to keep a poditive score. You just have to hunt the flag and start killing every moving thing.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

It's not very helpful in anyway, since it would basically make anyone your team. EVEN rogue...not that you have to work with them...but if u kill them, u explode...
I know what I'm talking about, I KNOW it gives you a kind of immunity, but say you were camping....

Some creep with "revenge" comes up and starts shooting at you, would you run and risk being shot? or shoot the frikkin guy and get it over with?
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Saber wrote:I think it's a bad idea. When you get killed, you have to lose a point. There won't be any skill needed to keep a poditive score. You just have to hunt the flag and start killing every moving thing.
Exactly!
QuantumTim
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by QuantumTim »

Saber wrote:I think it's a bad idea. When you get killed, you have to lose a point. There won't be any skill needed to keep a poditive score. You just have to hunt the flag and start killing every moving thing.
That already assumes that you are a good enough player to stay alive long enough to hunt this flag and get it before you get shot, in which case, you may as well hunt, for example, geno, or sw, or some other flag, and it would have the same effect of giving you a nice positive score, so I'm not sure your argument is really valid.
too much loving
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by too much loving »

As far as I remember this flag has been proposed and rejected by the developers several times.

They want to create a game, in which a perfect player never has to die. So if you are good enough then you should (in principle) be able to kill any enemy tank without having to die yourself. (Or so I remember). The geno flag is an execption to this rule, because the perfect player may die due to the inability of one of his teammates. However that flag is so entertaining that it has been allowed as an exception.

Of course all this is a matter of taste, but I like the way that they have designed the game.
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

I can see it on Hepcat, or any other CTF server, but i dont think it would be such a great flag on an FFA. and a question: Would you get a point for "killing" him/her?
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

well you die but the guy who shot you dies as well as you diying (I realize that is spelled wrong). and you and the guy who shoots you die not like shield
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

The "shoot me and you die too" idea has been proposed before (and has been called the "corbomite" flag from the days of old star trek).

I'm for it mainly because of the potential anti-camping element to it. For instance a camped laser tank may be in a perfect spot to sweep the arena floor with rebounded shots and hike up points from the random kills, making it difficult for others to play. This sort of flag can act as a quick spoiler for the camper who isn't really aiming for particular tanks. Although I have been known to camp myself, I'm all for new and interesting ways of taking the campers out.

As for the points, well sometimes it can be worth losing a point. If it isn't under the given circumstance, then people will just drop the flag.

And for the perfect player not being killable? Apart from that being outside of the reality of the game (even when you take geno out of the equation there are ways to get unavoidably killed by random element), a perfect player can avoid being killed by this flag simply by identifying who is carrying the flag and not shooting them. Sorry, but the perfect player argument just doesn't wash.
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

toomuchloving wrote:As far as I remember this flag has been proposed and rejected by the developers several times.

They want to create a game, in which a perfect player never has to die. So if you are good enough then you should (in principle) be able to kill any enemy tank without having to die yourself. (Or so I remember). The geno flag is an execption to this rule, because the perfect player may die due to the inability of one of his teammates. However that flag is so entertaining that it has been allowed as an exception.

Of course all this is a matter of taste, but I like the way that they have designed the game.
no it doesnt protect you from death it just makes it so the guy dies for shooting you!! Thats it you dont live!