New Bad Flag=Freeze??

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
kentucky girl
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Bad Flag=Freeze??

Post by kentucky girl »

Is it possible to make a flag that makes u freeze for a certasin time....Freeze=No shooting no jumping and no moving, it would be rather cool.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Well some bad flags have at least 1 of those attributes No jumping, Trigger Happy, Forward only, Backwards only and other ones, one that had all of these would be a suicide flag
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
kentucky girl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kentucky girl »

Exactly.....why not have a suicide flag you have geno as the good flag that kills everyone, then u have a flag that basicly you will die....
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Umm Why on earth would we want another flag like nasty geno :wink:
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

FAQ wrote:Anything that causes unavoidable death - [...] If a tank dies, it should be because it has been shot. Genocide is the single exception to this rule.
BZFlag Wiki wrote:Flags that ensure your immediate destruction aren't fun. [...] Don't add flags that (almost) instantly kill the owner.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
kentucky girl
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kentucky girl »

How boreing.....why not just abandon geno :twisted: then its fair :wink:
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

max. wrote:How boreing.why not just abandon geno :twisted: then its fair :wink:
That is why server owners get to decide what flags they run. If geno isn't good for that map, then the owner (hopefully) does not add geno.

But that doesn't mean we can add near instant death flags "just cause the server owner will decide."
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Bad Flag=Freeze??

Post by RexFlex »

max. wrote:Is it possible to make a flag that makes u freeze for a certasin time....Freeze=No shooting no jumping and no moving, it would be rather cool.
I don't agree. As already stated there are plenty of movement disabling flags already. While none of them prevent all posible life saving movement, that is the whole point. The bad movement flags makes it harder to dodge attacks, but not impossible.

A flag that gives you no tactical means of survival rather than pure chance of being ignored or too far away to get to in time is frankly a boring outcome. It is like when your tank gets stuck because of physics engine flaws. There is no fun there.

A flag that instatly blows up the carrying tank would even be more interesting.
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"
asciimonster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Help! I am stuck in the freezer!

Post by asciimonster »

This flag as it is proposed here is much too strong compared to the other bad fags. You might just as well press self-destruct.

About the geno idea: Why not make a "devine protection" flag? If a teammate is hit by geno and one of your team holds the devine flag the attackers die, not the attacked. In any other condition the DP flag works as a US flag.
That should even out the frankly awsome power of the geno (and create some massive mayhem).
Destroyer1313
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Help! I am stuck in the freezer!

Post by Destroyer1313 »

asciimonster wrote:This flag as it is proposed here is much too strong compared to the other bad fags. You might just as well press self-destruct.

About the geno idea: Why not make a "devine protection" flag? If a teammate is hit by geno and one of your team holds the devine flag the attackers die, not the attacked. In any other condition the DP flag works as a US flag.
That should even out the frankly awsome power of the geno (and create some massive mayhem).
That wouldn't be fair, becaues only one teammate has to hold it,
making some very happy campers. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before. It should only protect the flag-holder.
Dormant. Not really. Kinda.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Destroyer1313 wrote:
asciimonster wrote:This flag as it is proposed here is much too strong compared to the other bad fags. You might just as well press self-destruct.

That wouldn't be fair, becaues only one teammate has to hold it,
making some very happy campers. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before. It should only protect the flag-holder.
I like either idea there... but it should be that if the person with the DP flag is hit, it reverses the geno at the attacking team. Anyone else on the defending team can still be shot with the normal geno.

Another bad flag idea might be No Shooting... well, duh, you can't shoot. But you can still move your tank normally.
too much loving
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by too much loving »

Destroyer1313 wrote:
asciimonster wrote: About the geno idea: Why not make a "devine protection" flag? If a teammate is hit by geno and one of your team holds the devine flag the attackers die, not the attacked...........
..I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before. It should only protect the flag-holder.
If I remember correctly shield protects you against geno.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Not if you get hit twice, shield only protects you from UNO shot.

If your team gets hit with G, SH doesn't work, you still get killed if you kill a teammate as well.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One