carrier death

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

carrier death

Post by Ratatosk »

ok we all knew the FLAG ALERT siren tat you jump ant try to save your team. but what if your so cought up in that you dont notice your flag is safe? there should be something done about that like a siren or a beep
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Huh? Like a continuous siren if someone is holding your flag? That would be very annoying. Possibly more spread out sounds, like one every 30 seconds or so, so that people know that your flag is in danger.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

AVM

He means that an alert would sound when an enemy drops your flag.

This would be a good idea. I have often been confused and thought my flag was still in danger when it was actually not. This falls along the lines an alert to tell the player when their flag has been stolen, wouldn't you say? Both would be quite convenient. However, both of these issues are not really big problems.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A Distraction wrote: Both would be quite convenient. However, both of these issues are not really big problems.
yea its not a big problem, but its a fair suggestion. It would be cool though for, something along the lines of the "Flag Alert" sound, to happen when you flag has been placed back at you base.

I myself have also been so caught up in trying to retreive the flag, or going crazy killing the enemies to make a clear route for the flag runner, to only realise its safe :P But its all good whether or not this idea is added or not.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

This always messes me up, but what i usually do is check the radar and scores, but this would be veeery useful, especially when the opponent team's other member is attacking you.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

This is a good idea, I guess. However, isn't there some fun in the tension of trying to find a flag and save it? It adds a little to the game. :) But hey, either way works fine. :)
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

I've always been for the idea

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1830
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

The Red Baron wrote:I've always been for the idea

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1830
Is it just me or did no1 reply to that topic? :shock: lol
ducaticwannabe wrote:This is a good idea, I guess. However, isn't there some fun in the tension of trying to find a flag and save it? It adds a little to the game.

Yea it does. There's probably more to this topic then we realise.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

it could also help if its a large map and you cant see were the flag is
GeckoV1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Like It

Post by GeckoV1 »

I think that this yould be very useful, especialy for large maps. This always annoys me when you can't tell if your flag is safe.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

This would work well with a non-invasive sound (like the "team grab" ding). Perhaps one that sounds when a teammate grabs/drops the flag would be a good idea too.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

it could saye something like "FLAG SAFE" or something but with a diferent beep not to confuse people
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

You should have a 'def con' status in the hud, a small square green square getting redder the further away from home and closer to the enemy base it is, it can have a green border if its in safe hands, yellow if it's dropped and red if it's in enemy hands.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Teppic wrote:You should have a 'def con' status in the hud, a small square green square getting redder the further away from home and closer to the enemy base it is, it can have a green border if its in safe hands, yellow if it's dropped and red if it's in enemy hands.
That would be a good idea. Or maybe you could have the "Def Con" status integrated into the radar. Have the flag carrier change color on the radar, and maybe have a hunt sound when they are getting close to capturing your flag.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

what if you cant see the carrier?
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

I think this would be a good idea. Although i know quite a few people that play without sound (myself included). Maybe add something like Murtagh said similar the the alert on the top of your screen saying "Flag Safe" instead of "Flag Alert"
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A Distraction wrote:
Teppic wrote:You should have a 'def con' status in the hud, a small square green square getting redder the further away from home and closer to the enemy base it is, it can have a green border if its in safe hands, yellow if it's dropped and red if it's in enemy hands.
That would be a good idea. Or maybe you could have the "Def Con" status integrated into the radar. Have the flag carrier change color on the radar, and maybe have a hunt sound when they are getting close to capturing your flag.
These two would be really handy im my opinion and you dont need sound (for those who play without it). :) Good ideas pplz!!
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

I have an idea for this that would be more useful and subtle.

You know those diamond-shaped markers on the mouse box that give the direction of your flag? Put a border (or some other indicator) on those to tell what color of tank has the flag, i.e, if you're red and a blue grabs your flag, you see something this:

...but closer together. that way you'd be able to tell what color grabbed it, when they drop it, AND when a teammate has it also.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

I think the diamonds too small on the mousebox for me too try to find it when im concentrating. other than that its a pretty good idea.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

You count use autohunt to make the player change color on the radar whenever s/he picks up the R8 flag, or whatever team you are on. I wonder if there is an autohunt thing that automaticly hunts any player that picks up your team flag, not just by seting -autohunt R*. Like -autohunt team
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

L4m3r
playground branch had full hud markers for where your team flag was at all times.
ImageJeffM
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

me1 wrote:You count use autohunt to make the player change color on the radar whenever s/he picks up the R8 flag, or whatever team you are on. I wonder if there is an autohunt thing that automaticly hunts any player that picks up your team flag, not just by seting -autohunt R*. Like -autohunt team
you could make the marker gold and make a sw like thing come out that grows as it gets closer
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

You can make the marker any color, just use the autohunt feature... I'm suggesting that we add a "teamflag" option to the autohunt feature. You can make it so a circle is around the player on the radar with the settings.
urbanracer34
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by urbanracer34 »

Grace F wrote:
A Distraction wrote:
These two would be really handy im my opinion and you dont need sound (for those who play without it). :) Good ideas pplz!!
I agree with this idea. It would be very helpful. I think that the "team grab" sound should be sounding (maybe every 10 seconds) if the flag is safe at base and being held by a teammember, but it would get annoying and distracting after a while.