a big idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

a big idea

Post by jack »

how about we make it so you can get out of your tank and shoot people with RPG and machine guns and all that buy making yout own person. if you registere you can save changes people and money so it will make people register so they can dont loose againt pip tanks cause they have original tankd and weapons for the person. the amount of points you have ouce you sign off is hundreds (say 50 points is 5,00) of dollars. then you could pip your tank and buy new weapons. (money can buy you weapons for your tank)
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton
Fant
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Fant »

hmmmm, i don't really like this idea, i like bz how it is now... :D
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

veery neat idea, jack, but I think that this should be a brand new game, not a addition to bzflag.
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

hmmmm. good idea. ahh actuly can you help me learn how to make a game :lol: :P :?: :lol:
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

hmm... yes a completly new game certainly but i think Bzflag is awsome how it is.
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

WarPig wrote:hmm... yes a completly new game certainly but i think Bzflag is awsome how it is.
Bzflag cannot be changed, i think it is perfect how it is,besides bugs and faults.

But a good idea for an new game as WarPig said.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Yeah, it's too big a change for BZFlag. A fork would be better.

Also, it would conflict with the non-violent nature of BZFlag. You never see people die. :)
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

This could be interesting.
Only problem: Mr. uber has his hyperX5 +10 laseer, and kills everyone.
Maybe when you die you warp into your tank with the bullet, then go boom :wink: .

You could have things like:
SMG
RPG
Pistol
Rifle
Grenade Launcher
Laser Cannon :mrgreen:
NUKE!!!!!!! :D
Antimatter Rifle
Railgun.
Endless! :idea:
It would need a new game, tho. :D
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Sounds to me like GTA :P

BZFlag is a Tank Game, that's how I refer to it as. Being able to get out of the tank and run around like a mad man whilst Tanks run you over, don't sound to fun :)
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

The game should stay the way it is , that is why there is an avrage of about 200 people playing it at any one time , there are 11815 registerd players , if someone where to change it the term , " If it isn't broken don't fix it " would come to mind , also the phrase " hey , dont do that " . :) My point is that it is this popular because it is the way it is.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

Perhaps you could send a little rover-thingy out, you would be basically blind and deaf during the time from your tank, you see and hear through the rover.
It carries one weapon, and when it's shot you must wait for 2 minutes before deploying it again. It might appear to be affected by tiny, and could carry a flag. (Infiltration, anyone?). Of course, some weapons would only work VS drones (Normal shell, SMG, Machine gun, etc.), while others only hit tanks (Normal shell, RPG, Grenades, etc.) TRANSLATION: Some weapons can shoot the thing, others don't. It carries: One weapon, a flag, and perpetual "tinyness".

Maybe they could have short-range X-ray view, objects would be transluscent.
Just an idea

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

*Boinkage*! wrote:Perhaps you could send a little rover-thingy out, you would be basically blind and deaf during the time from your tank, you see and hear through the rover.
It carries one weapon, and when it's shot you must wait for 2 minutes before deploying it again. It might appear to be affected by tiny, and could carry a flag. (Infiltration, anyone?). Of course, some weapons would only work VS drones (Normal shell, SMG, Machine gun, etc.), while others only hit tanks (Normal shell, RPG, Grenades, etc.) TRANSLATION: Some weapons can shoot the thing, others don't. It carries: One weapon, a flag, and perpetual "tinyness".

Maybe they could have short-range X-ray view, objects would be transluscent.
Just an idea
WAY too complicated.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

:book: Maybe I should start learning code... =D .

What in peticular is so complicated? I could delete X-ray vision, just make anything ht anything, and still carry a flag.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

If it doesn't seem hard to you, then I guess you can integrate it into the next version.... :roll:

As for the original idea, I agree it is too complex. And anyways, what would your personalized player look like? A stick figure? :P
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I can code a game of pong in blitzbasic.... XD.
What I mean is it's this little tiny tank that shoots stuff and can cap flags like normal tanks, but is always sized as if affected by tiny. Obesity increases it to normal.
While I'm on the topic of this, why not be able to buy "upgrades" for your tanks on a server. There would be no super flags on the ground, killing anothe tank lets you pick their weapon (flag) up. Basically a flagmaster command would give you a flag while subtracting your "money".
Thoughts?

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.