Two rabbit hunt extenion ideas.

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
asciimonster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Two rabbit hunt extenion ideas.

Post by asciimonster »

My first idea is to add teams to rabbit hunt. The rabbit is alternately chosen in teams. If the rabbit is in your team, you have to defend your rabbit (hence you are a "bodyguard"). You may even have to "take one for the team".

We need to find a balance such that the bodygards are not useless, but not to strong that becomes a FFA. Therefore their powers have to be constrained compared to the other team (the "attackers"):
* Less speed
* Less range
* etc.

My second proposal is a combination of CTF and rabbit hunt. By lack of a name I'll call it "follow the leader"(FTL).

In this variant there are two or more teams. One of each team is randomly selected called "the leader" (compare the rabbit). The others are called "followers". Only the leader can carry the opposing flag, but everyone can carry teir own.

If the leader is killed the whole team gets 5 kills extra. When a leader makes a CTF, the whole opposing team gets five kills extra.

The followers can choose all kinds of strategies:
* Bodyguard the leader
* Attack the other teams followers
* Attack the opposing leader
* Defend the a dropped flag (leader was killed while carrying flag)
* Clear the path for the leader
i.e. many many strategic decisions to make! :D
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

I like this, actually.
However, I'm not sure this should be included as a kind of "rabbit hunt" style of play.
It sounds like a whole new style.
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

The "Team Rabbit" you've described is a lot like "pop a cap" in Perfect Dark, and there are similar modes in a lot of other FPS games. 2.2 should be able to do this with a plug-in.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.