Idea; server list

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

BZFlag related C++ tutorials? You need tutorials. And honestly, I don't see you ever being able to make this idea into a patch.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Palomides
Private First Class
Private First Class

C\C++

Post by Palomides »

I once tried to learn C++, but I didn't really like it. There is a steep learning curve, but it is probably the most serious programming language. If you really want to learn, here are some links:

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/index.htm

http://www.mindviewinc.com/downloads/TI ... ol-one.zip

I have no knowledge at all of doing any programming w/ BZFlag, so you're on your own there.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

What if instead of an image of a birds-eye view of the map, it would take a render of the radar set from position 0 0 0. Wouldn't that be a lot easier than all of the images?
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

blast wrote:BZFlag related C++ tutorials? You need tutorials. And honestly, I don't see you ever being able to make this idea into a patch.
Why not. are u saying not possible or u could never do it.?
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

ducktape wrote:
blast wrote:BZFlag related C++ tutorials? You need tutorials. And honestly, I don't see you ever being able to make this idea into a patch.
Why not. are u saying not possible or u could never do it.?
I'm not sure you have the patience for it, but if you do, go right ahead. You NEED to know C++, because that is what BZFlag is written in. When you make a 'patch', really what you are doing is modifying BZFlag. The 'patch' you submit is just a file that says what you've changed. It isn't like a plugin or anything.

In this case, you will probably need to patch both the client (to display the image) and the server (to send the image).
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

well I'm trying to learn. And if I want it I could do it I think.