Page 1 of 1

Couple more flag ideas

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:40 am
by I_Died_Once
The Meaningful Flag - like a reverse geno, whenever the holder of the flag scores a kill, everyone on the same team gets a point. If you are rogue, only you gain a point, but if rogueGenocide is turned on, then all rogues get a point. Or make the rogue part /set able.

And the server option "shots keep vertical velocity" needs to be made into a flag, too. If the server setting is turned on, then the flag makes shots go straight. Call it "Vertical Shots"

Re: Couple more flag ideas

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:02 am
by macsforme
I_Died_Once wrote:And the server option "shots keep vertical velocity" needs to be made into a flag, too. If the server setting is turned on, then the flag makes shots go straight. Call it "Vertical Shots"
This (or something like it) already failed the Riker test unless I'm mistaken.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:39 pm
by Macrosoft
maybe there should be a "no shooting" flag. its the opposite of trigger happy... and is dropped depending on the server's settings for bad flags

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:38 pm
by chicken fingers
the vetical shoot seems like a bad idea because how many oportunities do you have to shoot someone upward. and beside how would you look up to see hwere you were shooting and if you could how would you se where your driving? it seems like it would be a bad flag not a good one.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:53 pm
by Ordep
chicken fingers wrote:the vetical shoot seems like a bad idea because how many oportunities do you have to shoot someone upward. and beside how would you look up to see hwere you were shooting and if you could how would you se where your driving? it seems like it would be a bad flag not a good one.
I believe you have misunderstood what vertival shots are!
Vertical shots aren't straight up/down shots. They are like diagonal line shots that go forward, plus up/down depending on your vertical velocity.

I hope you can understand what i have written.

About the flag: I agree with this flag, it could be useful in some situations.

Re: Couple more flag ideas

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:00 pm
by Stij
Constitution wrote:
I_Died_Once wrote:And the server option "shots keep vertical velocity" needs to be made into a flag, too. If the server setting is turned on, then the flag makes shots go straight. Call it "Vertical Shots"
This (or something like it) already failed the Riker test unless I'm mistaken.
Why? Seems like a good and easy to impliment idea to me...

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:02 pm
by JeffM
it is not always a mater of easy or hard, but a mater of what the designer of the game wants or does not want IN the game.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:42 pm
by Enigma
Why would I want a flag that gives others points?

This is almost equivalent to the Useless flag; it does not do anything to benefit me or the team I am on. I'd rather use a flag that would help me to stay alive longer, such as the Narrow flag, as I play to shoot tanks and have fun, not watch numbers increase.

Re: Couple more flag ideas

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:42 pm
by macsforme
Stij wrote:
Constitution wrote:
I_Died_Once wrote:And the server option "shots keep vertical velocity" needs to be made into a flag, too. If the server setting is turned on, then the flag makes shots go straight. Call it "Vertical Shots"
This (or something like it) already failed the Riker test unless I'm mistaken.
Why? Seems like a good and easy to impliment idea to me...
JeffM wrote:it is not always a mater of easy or hard, but a mater of what the designer of the game wants or does not want IN the game.
Exactly. Here's the clip from the flag ideas list (not exactly the same idea, but similar):

Image

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:32 pm
by chicken fingers
i know what vertical shots are and now i know exactly what you mean but earlier i died once made it seem like 90 degree angle agh.. anywho i don't care you can live with it

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:36 am
by Tedius
Chicken Fingers:
I know: What vertical shots are: and. Now I know exactly what you mean, but earlier I died once. Made it seem like 90 degree angle? Agh.. Anywho I don't care. You can live with it.

I know what vertical shots are, and now I know exactly what you mean; but earlier, "I Died Once" made it seem like 90 degree angle agh.. Anywho? I don't care. You can live with it.

I know! What? Vertical shots are and now I know. Exactly what you mean? But earlier. I died once. Made it seem like 90: degree angle. Agh! Anywho I don't. "Care," you can live with it.
Please think about what you are saying and try to communicate in a clear and correct manner.
For our sake, we don't want to see this type of writing in the forums.
For our foreign speaker's sake, they shouldn't have to decipher this garble.
For your sake, you don't want to be regarded as a 3 year old aolkiddie.

Read:
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10966