Control iTunes from within BZFlag (Mac only)... again

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Control iTunes from within BZFlag (Mac only)... again

Post by Enigma »

This is a small patch that allows one to partially control iTunes from within BZFlag, by giving the user control over play, pause, previous track, and next track functions. It does not do anything more than the bzTunes library I hastily wrote a while ago, except now you do not have to edit makefiles, as the patch is written in Carbon instead of Cocoa. To use the patch, move it to bzflag/src/bzflag, cd to bzflag/src/bzflag, run patch -p0 < bzTunes.patch, and recompile. Then move the AppleScript files to "Library/Application Support/BZFlag/2.0/" or wherever your config.cfg file is located (I probably should have used the data folder instead).

By default shift+f6, shift+f7, and shift+f8 control the play previous, play/pause, and play next functions respectively.
Attachments

[The extension dmg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I still use SizzlingKeys, a nice plugin for mac that will let you define keys (like, Ctrl+Alt+Whatever) to jump between tracks and pause. This will work while in BZ and also while doing _anything else_.

Yet, this is still a great patch. Nice job Enigma. :)

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
OO7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by OO7 »

Or, you get a Mac that supports an apple remote. If you already have one, get a remote. I find it easier that way.

It works in all my games.
Mac Rep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mac Rep »

Or you use a Logitech keyboard with "Multimedia Keys"
<hr>
Mac Rep is a Raga Man
Evanejk
Private First Class
Private First Class

WOW

Post by Evanejk »

umm...WOW :shock: you read my mind. I've been waning this for a while.