Some suggestions...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some suggestions...

Post by flying_popcorn »

These are some ideas I've thought of... I'm not sure if they've been suggested already or not.

Shot limits: Why does it send a server message for shot limits? Why can't it just display how many shots you have left? Like, it could display how many shots you have below the flag name in the top right corner. This would be useful, because you'd know how many shots you have before you fire once, and if you forget how many shots you have left, you don't have to scroll up and check.

Permanent flags: In the options section of a map, it would be cool if you could give all the tanks the effect of a certain flag. So if it was a wings battle map, you could put -wg in the option, and everyone would be able to fly without a wings flag. And they could also have other flags but still be able to fly. Sort of like -j and +r, except for all the flags, not just jumping and ricochet.

Zones: Have more options for the zone object. Like everything in "options" could be in a zone too? So if you had an elevator, you could just make a zone and set gravity really low in that zone.

Physics: Would it be possible to set it so you can have physics on the sides and bottoms of objects?

Teleporters: How come you can't use spin on teleporters? It would be useful to have some teleporters that are flat and you can jump/fall through them.

:D
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Shot limits were added after 2.0.0, so to maintain compatibility the client could not be changed. There is ongoing work that is refactoring the shot system to provide feedback like this, and fix other problems with shot limits.

3.0 will have the ability to set the shot type for tanks independent of the flag. At some point the flag effects may be made independent as well.

Per tank physics values have been discussed but no developer has taken the task of writing it. Flat teleporters are also in the same boat.
ImageJeffM
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

JeffM wrote:Per tank physics values have been discussed but no developer has taken the task of writing it. Flat teleporters are also in the same boat.
Too bad, it sounded like a really cool idea.
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

I'm not sure if they've been suggested already or not.
There's a page on the wiki with suggestions that have been submitted:
http://my.bzflag.org/w/Ideas

I like your idea for physics drivers on the sides and bottom of objects.
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529