Zoned Objects

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Zoned Objects

Post by I_Died_Once » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:17 am

OK, this may have been asked before... but what about map objects, like boxes, pyramids, whatever - but have them accesible and visible only while "zoned" - after you take the Phantom Zone flag through a teleporter. Since ZOned tanks can kil each other, why not have it set where a box can exist only in the zone?

Its not like you can take a team flag in the zone, so such a box would only be there for aesthetic purposes. Or fun while in the zone;.

Is it possible?
...This has been a recording.

Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Sounds cool, good idea!
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.

lol_u died

Post by lol_u died » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Good idea but I believe the moderators and people that are building the bzflag are really focused on there ideas right now because I think they are almost done. But maybe you can consider it for the Bzflag 3.0.1 or something.

ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:27 pm

lol_u died wrote:Good idea but I believe the moderators and people that are building the bzflag are really focused on there ideas right now because I think they are almost done.
I think there are a lot of bugs and therefore it's not close to be released to public. In my opinion software is almost never done. People are likely to have ideas that would improve product.
lol_u died wrote:But maybe you can consider it for the Bzflag 3.0.1 or something.
The change wouldn't be protocol compatible so it couldn't be a minor update.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:34 pm