New flag idea

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Cheshire
Private First Class
Private First Class

New flag idea

Post by Cheshire »

Just two things that i thought would be cool in bzflag... 3.0 i guess

1. A Shots retain vertical velocity flag (VV?)

2. A second binocular button that zooms in further (for lasers i guess)
Team BA!
(Better Agent)
Don't install linux on me!
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

The flag idea sounds okay, but what about maps with no jumping?

As for the second idea, I'm afraid that the "super-binoculars" would make it too unfair for the snipers prey. I mean if you're, say, 700 units away (on a big map) and the sniper sees you... and there's no chance of knowing that you are about to die. I'm not sure here, but that might be infringing on the "no unavoidable death" rule.
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

The first idea sounds good.

Astroman: it would be like the ricochet flag. Servers without rico have that flag. The same thing goes for the jumping flag.

I feel that the binoculars we have right now are fine. They're fine for all of the laser maps I have played on (lasermania, two tanks, etc) Adding another button would just make more confusion.
Cheshire
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cheshire »

Ok, well, this is less likely, but it would fix the VV flag on no jumping maps problem....

A Upgrade Bullet (UB) flag or something... as in a mix in between ricochet and vertical velocity... this would replace the R flag though... but that way it wouldnt be completely useless on jumpless maps

But probably not :lol-old:
Team BA!
(Better Agent)
Don't install linux on me!
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I like the vertical velocity flag, just like ricochet and jumping, it could become more than just a server option. Not so sure about the second idea, mainly just because it doesn't seem all that useful. The built in binoculars already are good enough. But I think the first one is definitely a good idea and probably shouldn't be a problem to make.