Team Flag Drop

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Flag Drop

Post by slon02 »

Well, the server already has the sound effects and the letters that appear when a team flag is grabbed. (if either your team flag is grabbed or your team grabs an enemy flag) How about making the same things, but if a flag is dropped? I mean, make a sound effect and those words appear when your team drops the enemy flag, and when the enemy drops your flag. What do you think?
Last edited by slon02 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Team Flag Drop

Post by tw1sted »

slon02 wrote:and when the enemy grabs your flag
Text and sound does appear and play when an enemy grabs your flag.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

I meant to say when the enemy drops your flag. :oops:
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
r0gue113
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by r0gue113 »

I really see no point. No offense- I've thought the same thing many times... but the fact is- you always have that little directional waypoint on your HUD to your flag, so weather its in someones clutches, or lying on the ground, you know where it is- and you would still approach its local with caution.

I could see this as helpful if it alerted of someone on your team dropping THEIR flag- I've sometimes been off doing my thing when a teamie gets their flag, so I head back to the base to help cover his entrance, only to sit there for a couple minutes, then check the scoreboard (which I keep minimized when there are more than 5 players) only to find that he had long since died.... I dont know- a decent idea, but maybe applied differently.