A Few Ideas.

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: A Few Ideas.

Post by *Boinkage*! »

Maybe this could be used for a different type of game?

If you've ever played that dodgeball server, you seem to have unlimited dodgeballs in your tank.

Solution? Use the Shoot flag to give the player a "ball," then shoot it. The flag would drop and vanish, reappearing in the depot.

That's all I can see as a use for the Shoot flag, elsewise.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

*Boinkage*! wrote:Maybe this could be used for a different type of game?

If you've ever played that dodgeball server, you seem to have unlimited dodgeballs in your tank.

Solution? Use the Shoot flag to give the player a "ball," then shoot it. The flag would drop and vanish, reappearing in the depot.

That's all I can see as a use for the Shoot flag, elsewise.
Or just use the new functionality that will be in 3.0 to disable the tank's shooting until they pick up the Useless flag and then give them the ability to shoot, and set a 1 shot limit. When the flag drops, disable their ability to shoot again.

So technically, we shouldn't need a SO flag, as someone should be able to do it as a plugin. It's an overly specialized flag, so it would be best as a plugin.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

shots are independent of flags, you can give specific tanks any shot you want with any flag ( including the NULL shot).
you can also do custom flags with any name you want.
ImageJeffM
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

or maybe you could just have a really slow reload.. so the time it takes to reload would be about the time it takes for they player to go and get a flag