slow motion

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
hlfmnhlfamazing
Private First Class
Private First Class

slow motion

Post by hlfmnhlfamazing »

For users who don't use the keyboard.

Only the keyboard can currently be toggled for slow/normal with the A key.

What about mouse users?
What about joystick users?

Instead of "slow keyboard motion: A" make it so that it's just "slow motion: A"

(of course, the A key is the BZdefault.)

Why do keyboard users get to have all the fun? Especially when using binoculars. Slow motion is a must.
zomane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zomane »

With mouse you can control speed, push a little forward/backward you move slower, push much speed increases . Maybe when using joystick is same, but I don't have one to test it. Actually mouse gives you better speed control (bad for us - kbd players ;) ) .When u using A key to drive slowly tank turns slower, but when using mouse you can move slow, but turn at full speed.
hlfmnhlfamazing
Private First Class
Private First Class

I see what you're saying with the mouse.

I can't do that with my USB game pad though. slow motion isn't an option AFAIK. Hopefully the devs will change that. I wouldn't imagine something like that is hard to do.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

gamepads that just have buttons for the directions would be the only thing that has this problem, joysticks, mice, and other analog input devices control speed by how FAR you move the device. Your game pad works just like a keyboard.

You do have a point and we should allow slow mo to be assigned to a button and apply to gamepad digital axes.

But you'll have a much better game if you get a gamepad with an analog stick (like a PS2 style controller ).
ImageJeffM
hlfmnhlfamazing
Private First Class
Private First Class

--------You do have a point and we should allow slow mo to be assigned to a button and apply to gamepad digital axes. -----------------

Is it as simple as an allowance? Or would it require a ton of background dev work to "fix"?

Besides, I'm just some anonymous player/poster here on your forum. You're a dev. I haven't a right to make points! *laughs*

-----------But you'll have a much better game if you get a gamepad with an analog stick (like a PS2 style controller ). -----------

I know the kind you refer to. I just have a preference for the buttons instead. Call me old school. ;-)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

anyone can make a point, what's wrong with that.

it would take some coding to do but it should not be a hard change, if someone wants to do it.
ImageJeffM