Autoreload for a hit?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Autoreload for a hit?

Post by FiringSquad »

I would love to have an option where your bullet automatically completely reloads if you managed to kill someone (opponent only perhaps) with it.
That way accuracy could be rewarded and you would have a better chance of surviving when surrounded.
It could also be useful for the rabbit in RabbitChase.
I'd love to see it in Ducati too. :)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Autoreload for a hit?

Post by Bambino »

Maybe a plugin of some sort would do the trick. (not a plugin expert)
Sounds like it would be fun though.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by FiringSquad »

I'm pretty sure it would need a modification to the client, but I'd imagine it would be easy to implement and could provide an interesting option. I can just imagine the fun if you could only have a single shot with a long reload. :)

I used to play Galaxian when I was a kid.
In this game, you could only have one bullet active at a time. If you missed, then you had to wait for the bullet to go off-screen before you could shoot again. At certain times, a flag-ship would attack you with two other ships in front of it. If you managed to shoot the two ships and then the flag-ship, you got bonus points. If you missed then you were at the mercy of the attacking ships. Accuracy and using bullets wisely was a big part of the skill in this game.

I expect this option could add quite a lot to gameplay and would really reward good players.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Wow, excellent idea. Although it doesn't sound like a totally game-breaking feature, it could add a subtle boost to gameplay. And since the shot counter already reloads when the shot leaves the field, why not turn it into a sort of reward? And the only exception where this could be problematic would be laser-sniping.

~FiringSquad++