Admin-list

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Admin-list

Post by lep »

*Maybe I misplace words in my search this time, but if not I have an idea.

**Most often, admins do not check the /report list on a server (/viewReports). I think that the server should provide a command such as /adminlist or /showadmins that will list the different groups applied to the server and/or a list of admins on that server (not including hidden admins). This will allow a player to report a mishap on the server/map directly to one of those admins via PM here on BZBB. I find that many players now are trying to report a player by using the /report command. As much as a help this is to the server administration team, it is not often checked...

***Comments, questions, replies?
Thanks
LittleLep
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Admin-list

Post by Bambino »

LittleLep wrote:*Maybe I misplace words in my search this time, but if not I have an idea.

**Most often, admins do not check the /report list on a server (/viewReports). I think that the server should provide a command such as /adminlist or /showadmins that will list the different groups applied to the server and/or a list of admins on that server (not including hidden admins). This will allow a player to report a mishap on the server/map directly to one of those admins via PM here on BZBB. I find that many players now are trying to report a player by using the /report command. As much as a help this is to the server administration team, it is not often checked...

***Comments, questions, replies?
Thanks
LittleLep
Yes, Missile War's /report system is special, it's set so all /reports are sent to blast's email, so don't spam the /reports or he'll get mad :P

You can do

Code: Select all

/grouplist
to see the admin groups on the server. This will not show you who the admins are, though most players who know what a PM is knows who some admins are.
Last edited by Bambino on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

I guess so. But for safety reasons I think its best.'
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

This is something for plugins to do, as each server owner may want it a different way. The default mechanism is report as it's all in game. Additional systems would be external to the base code.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Actually a plugin would be overkill. A help page works well just for a list of admins. And you can reload the help files without having to restart the server. No coding needed.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

blast
Thats a better idea than plug-ins. I think a simple help page with a list of admins wouldn't be too difficult...

JeffM
A plugin is too much for such a basic enhancement. Im sure that players dont want to code for something too simple otherwise...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I misread, for a list, yeah help files are for that. Some owners may not want to list everyone, and it's up to them.
ImageJeffM