Multiple Flag Holding

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
spikey253
Private
Private

Multiple Flag Holding

Post by spikey253 »

I thought it would be sweet if a player could hold multiple flags at one time. But I was listening to the FLOSS podcast the other day and found out you already thought about holding multiple flags, but knew there would be almost cheat combos (like invisibility on the radar and 3-D screen). I figured out what could be done about dominating combos! Combo Flags. my idea is to have a thing when someone is setting up a server, a choice of combo flags on or off. combo flags are just two (maybe three) flags bundled into one. like good flags and bad flags, combo flags! hope this was at least a little help.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Multiple Flag Holding

Post by JeffM »

This has been suggested before, it is not something that we want to put in as a general feature.

The 3.0 version will allow plug ins to change the shot types for specific flags, as well as the ability to define custom flag names, but it will not allow the combination of arbitrary flags. This is mostly for game play balance.

Combination like Stealth and Cloak would make holders nearly impossible to find.
ImageJeffM
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by adameros »

I like the idea as well, but I think you would need to divide the flags between offensive and defense, and you could only hold a maximum of one of each.
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

The way it's doable in 3, done in a plugin already, is dividing them up by shot type and tank affect I believe (probably better worded), like ST, A, CL, BL are the same, G, L, Gm are the same so the combinations are like ST+Gm, St+G, B+L.
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

the idea of combination flags is kinda scray. noone wants to be on a map with WG+GM or CL+ST. yet something like O+WG, or NJ+OO (good+bad, not just good+good or bad+bad) will be ok.
but that is just a personal oppinion.
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Even if you do WG+GM in 3.0.0, you can't actually make the missile lock on AFAIK. But your other examples aren't going to be possible.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)