new flag...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

new flag...

Post by sid6.7 »

i might have seen someone mention this once...

have a flag that allows you to crawl up flat surfaces
or go accross a ceiling..wooohooo!

and of course go around corners so you can move up the side of a box the on to the top...

if you drop your flag....you fall right side up to the ground...
Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Terminator »

Sounds sorta cool.
Astalavista baby!

and I'll be back!
bloohoo
Private
Private

flag

Post by bloohoo »

that might be cool but can they do that?
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Spidertank flag.......wow
the tanks cant to fly/jump and now we have spiders around the map.......
BTW moles are already in the map but everyone call burrow.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

The problem with a flag idea such as that, is not so much the climbing on stuff, as it is the aiming / shooting. Ask patlabor on IRC sometime to expound on the difficulties of changing the aiming mechanism.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
creeperz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by creeperz »

how about a giant grapling hook that lashes out and clings onto a wall? :-D
Mad at anger
---
"You can't pick up chicks in a tank!" --Tucker (Blue Team)
---
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you can just go play quake for that.
ImageJeffM
Homonculus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Homonculus »

Why not just have the ability to move up a wall w/o jumping? You just drive forward, and you go up the wall at the same speed you would go forward. It would be simpler, and you wouldn't have to worry about aiming.

It would look funy though...
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

well, the problem is, as I understand it ... you would need to compensate for negative angles, if indeed, shooting is to be allowed with a flag of this nature.

For example, suppose I were to drive on a ceiling in a box, and an enemy crept up on me -- how do I shoot the enemy on the floor while I am on the ceiling? IIRC, the math isn't complex, but rather, the fundamental change in gameplay that would be brought about by this, is unwanted by the maintainer at this point in time (or probably forever).

I'm sure someone more intelligent than I will respond if I'm wrong.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

And think abot when you drop the flag.........the torret will be on the ground....or the spider flag change to cat flag when you dropped to allow you a rapid roll over.
Miaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

okay

Post by sid6.7 »

okay when your on the wall you can't shoot? would that work?

here are 2 more i thought up....i might have heard of one before
from someone elses idea..

1. freeze or imoblize ..you fire at someone they can't move
for 1- 10 seconds therefore making them an easy victim
for other players...5 seconds should be enough for most
people.

2. wind cannon when fired knocks you accross map till you hit
something then spins you 360 degrees a couple times to
disorient you...cannot affect shots fired already just
vehicles.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Ok the first flag is called "Medusa" and the second one "the legend of the drunk shoot"
Redtail
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Redtail »

I've come up with a few, diffrent new flag ideas myself... I'm not sure if these are repeats or not, but I'll post them anyways.

-RF Right (starbord) track failgure. Your right track is dead, only allowing you to pivit around it.
-LF Left (port) track failgure. Same as above, just the left track.
+AT Anti theif. If this flag is stolen, It freezes and disables the theif.
+AM Anti Missile missile. Blocks a limited number of GM shots, usless aginst all others.
+BS Burrowing Shot. When you shoot, the bullets burrow, allowing you to kill burrowed (and normal) tanks, and shoot under walls that are just off the ground enough to allow the Burrowed tanks to pass. Also useful for shooting tanks below you on buildings, as the bullet would decent from the point you shot it.
+GR Grappler. Shoots a grappler at another tank, or flag, allowing you to pull it to you. If it is hostile, it is killed, if friendly it is droped dirctly in front of you, and If it is a flag, you drop the Grappler flag, gaining the target flag.
+TR Tracking. You see the last 400 units of trail of the tank you targeted. If ST, then the first 50 units is invisable on radar, but can be seen in world.
+PS Phase Shifting. Your tank is impervious to super bullets, but can be destroyed by all others.
-BE Becon. GM's can lock onto you even if the their tank is faceing away from you. Missiles track better.

Post by Guest »

I think they should make a flag, "Muck" (a bad one for the ppl holding it). right as the bullet leaves the shooters barrel it melts into a pile of goo and splats into the ground, a sticky puddle rol over it and your stuck for 3 seconds and the flag varys on how long you HAVE to hold it.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

how bout a bad flag dat duznt allow u 2 shoot 4 a certain amount of time? like a Weapon Malfunction(WM or WX) flag?

an how bout a good flag dat allows u 2 steer ur bullets? by movin ur tank either left or right(an wen u jump or fall) .. basically it follows da same movements as ur tank... sorta like a semi-guided missle =P
or Guided Bullet(GB) flag?

yes/no?
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

I dont think the game need more solo-flags. Would be nice to see more features on the battlefield, new building-shapes, perhaps moving objects, doors etc.

However, if i should come up with input on new flags, it would be nice to see flags, that might be usefull teamwise.

Eg: Missle Flares. One tank got shots that"attract" GMs, however the "shots" themselves are harmless. So this tank would need a helper to do the real kill.
I don't need huge pictures here.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

what about a flag that kills everyone on the field, except for me? we can call it the "Death Barrel Survives" Flag DBS

or maybe a flag that will lay an egg and produce tiny little super bot tanks that follow the flag carriers ever move and shots "Egg Laying Bot Flag" ELB

or maybe, hmmm, did you guys ever play "Contra" for nintendo? they had that spreads flag that sould spread out in abot a 45 degree angle and kill everything in front. "Spreads" S

or maybe a flag that produces a hallogram and you always apear to be somewhere on the radar that you really arent. "Halogram" H

or maybe a flag that that has a big ass hammer atached to it so if you come near it it will smash till you die from it? "Big Ass Atached Hammer" flag BAAH

these are just some thoughts, i am sure they would be pretty easy to add to the game :)

DB
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Death Barrel wrote:or maybe a flag that that has a big ass hammer atached to it so if you come near it it will smash till you die from it? "Big Ass Atached Hammer" flag BAAH
DB
:lol-old: baaahhhd, death barrel!
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

:bonk:
strikerpker
Private
Private

Post by strikerpker »

....wouldn't gb be the same as gm except the look?