Building a better chicken...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Building a better chicken...

Post by adameros » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I think it would be interesting to see a mod that let's a person build up their tank. When they get kills they get a benefit, like their tank goes fast or they get more shots, faster shots, more range, or jump higher. The trade off is, if they get shot, they go back to a basic tank. Which means the tougher the tank the more likely they are to play conservatively, for fear of losing their bonuses.

I like the idea, in that you can build maps that require people to get bonuses, like if it gives you extra jump height, you could make it so someone needs at least a couple kills to get in to the enemy base.

And just think of the team "bonding" it will generate, when you are up 6 kills, feeling great about life, your team mate get's hit with geno... ;)

joevano
General
General

Re: Building a better chicken...

Post by joevano » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Already has been done. There is a plugin/game mode called "Progressive Flag". Hasn't done to well when it is up.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln

mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:10 pm

this is a little like the progressive flag plugin by yassen.

for every kill, you get a better flag and advance levels.

Planet mofo has a server called Mofo-Pro (pro for progressive flag) which is very fun.

its not up yet because they havent restarted all of their servers yet to appear on the list server.

But your whole idea in general, will most likely not happen :)

Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Hasn't done to well when it is up.

It's a shame that it isn't more popular. I totally enjoy playing on maps using this plugin (planet mofo - high voltage - version for example) I remember there was a rabbit-hunt-map using this plugin only for the rabbit - a really clever idea.