Wanted (as in the movie)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wanted (as in the movie)

Post by adameros »

It would be a fun option to have it so if you turn while firing, it puts a spin on the shot causing it to curve. The faster the spin the more pronounced the curve.
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Wanted (as in the movie)

Post by hutty »

interesting thought,

though it would be rather confusing and what about those of us who play via keyboard, we only have 1 (2 if we are smart) turn speeds.
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by adameros »

I play keyboard, and I can see that mouse players would have an advantage, but I don't think it would be much of one. I do think if it was a map setting, people would search out QT to get tight arcing shots to shoot around corners.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

adameros wrote:It would be a fun option to have it so if you turn while firing, it puts a spin on the shot causing it to curve. The faster the spin the more pronounced the curve.
This has been suggested before, and turned down every time. The game is supposed to be simple.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

blast wrote:
adameros wrote:It would be a fun option to have it so if you turn while firing, it puts a spin on the shot causing it to curve. The faster the spin the more pronounced the curve.
This has been suggested before, and turned down every time. The game is supposed to be simple.
Although, blast, is this really so different from _shotsKeepVerticalVelocity? I suppose there is the added complexity of a curved path - and it's questionable as to how easy it would actually be to aim shots accurately.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Yes, it's a lot different. One is still a shot traveling in a straight line. The other is not. If you have curving shots, then what happens when it ricos? Does the curve stop? Does it maintain the same curve? Does the 'rotation' of the shot also effect the angle of the rico? Etc etc. So it's a lot more complicated, and I don't see how it would be a good feature to have. It certainly doesn't seem like it would be any fun. If you want a curving shot, grab a GM. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)