zoned materials

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

zoned materials

Post by Ragnarok »

There could be a type of material that is zoned. You would not be able to go through it with OO or PZ. That way, there could be entire forts made out of it that you can only go on when you are zoned. You could make a double war type map where there are zoned and regular bases. Also, SB and PZ bullets can not go through the material. I think it would be a very fun type of material.
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: zoned materials

Post by darkid »

e.g. teleports with a wall behind them.
or teleports inside a building... they act like a fly trap. Believe me... i've tried. (As anyone who played on the older version of Zoned can contest.)
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

But this would be different. SB and PZ bullets can go through teleports and walls, but they wouldn't be able to with this material. Also, you can drive through walls and teleports when you are zoned, except with PZ you become unzoned when you go through a tele again. This material wouldn't do that. It would be like normal material when you are zoned.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

You can do this with properly placed and linked teleporters, boxes, and death physics.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Bambino wrote:You can do this with properly placed and linked teleporters, boxes, and death physics.
In other words... you can already do what you are suggesting, Ragnarok...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

oh...
Then why hasn't anyone bothered to try to make a map like that?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Ragnarok wrote:oh...
Then why hasn't anyone bothered to try to make a map like that?
Some maps have some of those features, like having a teleporter link to the same side you enter from. I believe Abominable made a map with a base protected by teleporters.

Who knows, maybe you could make a map with all the features you suggested.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

I don't know how to make maps. I want to, but my computer probable can't take most of the map making stuff. :(
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Most just use a text editor (Notepad, notepad++, smultron, textmate)... no real power needed. And the BZFlag server software is very low cpu intensive. If you can play bzflag, your machine is MORE than capable.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

oh... ok. thanks.
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

I made a paintball map protected by teles, but it's not different once you enter with PZ, you just can't enter through the teles, just exit.