Modified Rabbit mode

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Modified Rabbit mode

Post by The Purple Panzer »

This came out of a conversation during a game: several people thought it might be fun to hunt me, and we chatted about it - maybe having a "selected" player, think of the rabbit hunt mode, but the play would be as normal, with one exception: if you shot the rabbit, you got 3 points instead of 1, and if the rabbit shoots someone, he gets 5 points. Otherwise play is FFA or CTF, with usual teams and rogues.

I think it would add some spice to the game. It could be a game type (like rabbit hunt), or I suppose it could be a flag, so that it could be added to existing servers with just a flag option - if you pick up that flag (there can be only 1 such flag), you're the 'chosen' player, and the scoring is modified as above. Visual effects might be nice (e.g., a slightly brighter tank, maybe), but not necessary. A broadcast message that "Now <chosen player> is the Primary Target" or something might let everyone know that the flag had been picked up and the play (scoring) was slightly different.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Modified Rabbit mode

Post by Quantum Tank »

I like it, but if I recall correctly there is no way for the server to modify the score (i.e. how many points you get). There may be a way to give somebody extra points through a plugin (bot tanks in a sealed area?) but that seems difficult.
blast
General
General

Re: Modified Rabbit mode

Post by blast »

Also, mixing rabbit chase with CTF doesn't work right. I recall if you're in autopilot on a CTF map that if you tell someone they are the rabbit it crashes their client. (Was for some April fools joke a while back ;D)

However, you could probably do something like this in 2.99.x/3.0.0 with a plugin and/or a Lua script. The new version will allow you to change player scores from the server. And Lua could probably be used to adjust the appearance of a tank.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)