Team Power

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Power

Post by oblomov »

I had this idea today while playing. It would be interesting to have the possibility to have "Team Powers". Basically, "Team Powers" means that tanks in a particular team have some sort of "automatic flag" (unless they get another one). For example, all Green tanks might have Jumping, all Red tanks might have Ricochet, etc. This would be particularly interesting in Rabbit games.
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

it maybe just me, but I thought every1 on rabbit was rogue except for the rabbit...??
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

He means like the rabbit could have a special ability that the hunters didn't. The same thing could go for the hunters.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

Exactly.
skater3000blink
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Power

Post by skater3000blink »

I think that the team power should be 4 giant bullets say 10 times bigger then normal bullets should go from each corner to the middle going through everything walls, pyramids and when they meet in middle create a shockwave.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Default innate powers.. I like it. That would be a very interesting feature if it were well balanced. But then you would have a lot more people switching teams to find the powerup they like.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

how about a special power that is different based on the combinations of flags the whole team has.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

That could really work. It'd be pretty complicated, but it handles the problem of balancing between the teams. So, would it be a majority thing, where if 51% of the people have a laser you get one by default too? Or maybe a random chance of drawing a special power weighted by the number that currently have it.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."

Post by Guest »

(server option to have on or off) ffa:blue power= blue short laser.red power= red short range gm.rogue power= half size SW and V.green powers= double jump (only two jumps then you land and two more jumps etc).purple powers=abbility to jam all radars in a short range away.
(server option to have on or off) ctf:grn pwrs= tiny tank. red pwrs= 15 second cloaking and 15 second recharge for cloaking.
(server option to have on or off) Rabbit Chase:rabbit pwrs= double jump (only two jumps then you land and two more jumps etc). hunter pwrs= spread shot shotgun.
those are my idias for that. hope you like em'!
pop you later
-Ld