Slight flag adjustments

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Slight flag adjustments

Post by cepris »

I reckon that flags like Stealth and Cloaking would be much better if they only applied to your enemies, not your teammates. For example, if I had a shockwave flag, i look on the radar, there is an enemy in range. I fire, without knowing there is a teammate in stealth in range also. So that earns me a team kill, and bad karma.
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Slight flag adjustments

Post by darkid »

Unfortunately, this isn't really fixable (to my knowledge). Say sorry, and move on. Anyone who picks up a stealth flag takes this risk. Also, try to keep an eye on your out-the-window view.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

those are the disadvantages of those flags.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Flags should have consequences as well. Some flags are already too powerful (such as genocide). For instance, the downside of laser is that it reloads slower and cannot kill cloaked tanks. Guided missiles can lock onto teammates as well. Shockwave has a short range (and can kill friend/foe in range).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cepris »

Well, thats fair enough :) And there's always the chance of accidentally shooting a teammate with Genocide ;)