My first suggestion of the year....

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

My first suggestion of the year....

Post by adameros »

This might already be possible, but give SW momentum, so you could "throw" the shock wave.
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: My first suggestion of the year....

Post by darkid »

Probably not possible, probably would make SW OP.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Whilst that sounds interesting, there might be difficulties like:
  • Can the shooter get hit if he doesnt drive to stay inside the shockwave?
  • Would it be easy and fitting for BZFlag's gameplay to understand and quickly act with that enhancement?
So I predict that this is likely not going to happen.
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by An SQUERRILz »

Firstly it is not very clear what exactly you have in mind with the idea of momentum. Are you suggesting the shockwave is like a giant shot that travels in a straight path, or it is remote controlled with some acceleration limit, or something else?

Each of these interpretations is quite different, but here's what I think about it in general.
It is possible to do this by plugin; it is challenging but not ridiculous. The main difficulties are:
1) Not getting killed by own shockwave, since the shot can't be done clientside so it is the server's shot. A plugin can fire a shot that specific players see (in this case everyone except you), and you could fire a SW of dummy height (e.g. below ground) just so the shooter knows his shot worked.
2) Depending on your opinion, having a server shot represent your own shot with some lag delay is possibly not elegant. Personally I think it's not a big deal.

Devs have said there are not likely to be ANY releases even in 2.0. Different shot behaviour also breaks protocols... blah blah it's not going to happen. The vaguest hope would be if you suggested it to 3.0, which by the look of now won't be released ever, if within 5 years. They are having trouble with general workings, so I don't think they'd want any unnecessary new ideas.

What you want is still very vague to me, but I have done a plugin thing where you can remote-control a ghost that kills on touch.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Pretty sure this one has already been suggested before, too.

Similar to these rejected flag ideas:
Pulse/Plasma Cannon (PC)
WaveFront (WF)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)