An idea for a future release...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class

An idea for a future release...

Post by cepris »

Hi,
I thought that for a future release, it would be nice if there was a clicking UI, rather than a keyboard arrows one. This would open up a whole range of new features, some of which I have listed below:

- Online Friends + Foes: You will easily be able to see where friends are playing, and see where blocked people are playing too so you know to take caution.
- You could be able to place some type of marker on the minimap. It could be a flashing thing, pulsing thing, radio frequency thing, flag thing, etc. You could easily choose to send it to specific players, your team, the enemies, or everyone. It means, "come here!". It would be useful if your flag has been captured and sent to the middle, if you need help with something, or to quickly show somebody a place on the map which is too hard to describe. There would be a notification in the chat to show who placed it, and the thing on the minimap would be in your colour.
- It would make sending messages easier. Under the chat window where you usually type your message, there would be a few buttons, "All", "Team", "Enemies", "Recipient(s)". It's obvious what they all do, and when you choose "Recipient(s)", a window in the same place comes up and asks you to tick the names of the people you would like to send a message to (sending messages to multiple people would be very useful).

I'm sure there are many other benefits of having a mouse-click UI! :D
trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Re: An idea for a future release...

Post by trepan »

The 2.99.x code already provides the ability to add those features.
The 2.99.x code is no longer being actively developed, it is dead.