The favorite servers list

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

The favorite servers list

Post by Mopar Madness »

My server list was taking a while coming up today and it got me thinking. For the times when the serverlist isn't working, it would be nice if people's lists of favorite servers could show up all the time, whether they show up on the server list or not. Have the servers be in white if they're found on the server list and grey if they're not.
blast
General
General

Re: The favorite servers list

Post by blast »

Or just find a way to keep the list server running, since we kinda need that for authentication too.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by FiringSquad »

There already is a favourites list.
When you add a server to your favourites, it appears as orange instead of white.
You then choose between which list to be shown by pressing "f".

It would be a nice addition however, if these favourites always appeared on top and were shown, even when not in the server list.
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

I know about that list, what I'm suggesting is that that list stay up all the time even if a server on that list shuts down or the global server list goes down. When the global's down, you can still connect to servers if you remember the ip. The favorites would show up in orange when they're found on the global, and be grayed out when they are not is what I'm suggesting.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the list in v3. has much of what you are asking for. It was all part of the last summer of code we did.
ImageJeffM