Idea for the new no TK option

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Idea for the new no TK option

Post by Mopar Madness »

How about allowing servers an option to let players kill teammates carrying any team flags to help stop flag runners and idiots trying to cap when its like 10-4. I was playing on MW2.3 in BZFlag 2.4 and other team had a flag runner run the flag half way across the map before one of my teammates killed him. Had he gone for the jump pad instead of the middle of the field, he would have self capped for sure and there was nothing the other team could do but watch.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Idea for the new no TK option

Post by JeffM »

I would hope that shooting people would not be your first form of communication :)

A future version will let the server to allow or deny kills on a per shot basis, then a plugin could be made that can do this for the server owners that want it.
ImageJeffM
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Yrogirg »

You can still use thief to prevent unfair capping. And if your flag is running then set hopes upon your enemy's nobleness.
JeffM wrote:I would hope that shooting people would not be your first form of communication :)
don't worry, nowdays the first form of communication if often /poll ban.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Yrogirg wrote:don't worry, nowdays the first form of communication if often /poll ban.
That is even more sad :(
ImageJeffM
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

well, BZFlag is no different from any other game, you still have the jerks who just want to start trouble in it going around team killing everyone and flag running till they get banned. Talking to those people won't stop them, so you pretty much have to ban them. As for th flag, its still hard to find on MW2.3, though not as hard as when it was on the field, by the time you find it, it could be too late. Some ctf servers don't even have a th flag in their maps.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

And some servers don't remove tks. There are many combinations of settings that may not work well together in all playstyles. It is up to the server owner it set them as they see fit for the game they want to run.
ImageJeffM