Delay after shot limit reached

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
War Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Delay after shot limit reached

Post by War Pig »

I think a short 'reloading' delay after you reach the shot limit and drop the shot-limited flag would be useful. Like the one when you drop TH. Would keep you from shooting yourself when firing bursts with SB against a wall.
<life> <!-- insert something interesting here --> </life>
blast
General
General

Re: Delay after shot limit reached

Post by blast »

Isn't that part of "spray and pray"? ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Perhaps the mousebox or some on-screen HUD display alternate between two different colors (Preferably the orange color of the current mousebox and a bright red color) would make it more noticeable when the amount of shots left were say, below 5 or 3. Or better yet, it blinks when the amount of shots left is less than or equal to the number of shots you have in your arsenal to give you a heads up.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the client doesn't know how many shots are left, what you see in chat is sent as chat by the server. It is planned to give the client the shot info when it gets the flag that gives it the shot type in a future release. This will let us do a better job of displaying limited shots remaining.,
ImageJeffM
all
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by all »

Would keep you from shooting yourself when firing bursts with SB against a wall.
And it would make the game less fun. SB is powerful enough already, so that small chance to shoot yourself in the face is alright.