toggle email address from showing on screen

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

toggle email address from showing on screen

Post by Defman »

I did a quick search before asking this...forgive me if I missed it, but how about an option to turn off everybody elses email address from showing up behind their callsign?

When somebody signs on with an extremly long callsign, and they have this monster of a mac address/ip address/email combo thing for a email address - I am basically sol because I cannot see what flag they have since that is pushed off the right side of my screen.

My radar takes up 50 percent of my screen, so chances are I am not seeing what action another tank may be taking which could possibly give me a hint as to what flag they have.

My font height is set to normal as well.

any ideas or suggestions?

Tanks
Def

Post by Guest »

answer this, is your radar half your screen? and do you like it that way and you want to change it?
-thx
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

lol, yes I want it that way. Had to go in an mod something to get it that way.

70 to 90 percent of the time I am only using radar - the rest is spent looking up at the player list to see what flag someone has. Seems for the second or two I take my eyes off the radar, I get nailed!
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

hmmm...maybe they should put in:

windowView = 0

i use radar for a long way away, but when i see ST i watch out for visual also..
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

do you mean the toggle score key? the "s" button will toggle scores and callsigns on/off :)
not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

well, what shows when you press "S" DB, I would just like to be able to see the score and their callsign. I would like to be able to turn off displaying everybodies "email" (the field is called email, but you can put in there what ever you want - like mine says "BattleZone")

I have read that something might be done to limit how many characters a callsign can have - or not allowing "lame" callsigns. Maybe that would take care of this issue too.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yeah i know what the email field is, but i don't think there is a way to simply turn this field off.
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

there could be a number of character restriction so it isn't the whole width of the screen...
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

went thru the config file, and I didn't see anything which might turn off the email address from showing...hence the post in this forum DB! LOL

Yeah loser, read something like that in another post here. I usually don't follow what the devel team is up to - so I am not sure exactly what they are trying to do. Restricting the number of characters or otherwise...not sure.

Just making a "how about this" type of request here.

It appears that I might be the only one, or there is a very small number of bz'ers - having problems with this issue.

Happy bz'ing everybody
nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

It's never been an issue for me. Then again, I never look at that field, so don't really care....
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

M51DPS wrote:It's never been an issue for me. Then again, I never look at that field, so don't really care....
It is only an "issue" for me because it prevents me from seeing what flag they (might) have. If you mean you never look at their email field, I can understand that. However if you mean you never look to see what flag someone has....cannot imagine that LOL

Other than that, I am not concerned what is displayed for their email address either.

Since I set the font size to normal, it does help for this "issue" - at least the size of font displayed for scores that is. But for the text displayed at the bottom of the screen (chat, people coming and going, etc) that is practically unreadable because it is soooo small.

Then again, there isn't much worth reading down there anyway.