Team flag act like geno adding user score when capping

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Halfmanhalfamazing
Private
Private

Team flag act like geno adding user score when capping

Post by Halfmanhalfamazing »

I do not mean the Team Geno plugin: http://l4m3r.bzflag.net/plugins/svn/l4m ... README.txt (the team flag is a geno flag when held)

Here's what I mean: Let's say I'm on Team Red.
I cap Team Green's flag.
Team Green has 6 players on it.
My individual score goes up by 6, as if I hit Team Green with a geno. But I didn't. I capped their flag.
If the other team has 10 players on it, my score goes up by 10. If 3 players, score up by 3.

My score is 5, I just capped the flag and killed 4 tanks. My score should be 9 now.

On hardcore team servers, team score means a lot. But a lot of other servers the teams are just losely held together users at any given moment, who don't care about team score. This would give the team flag a carrot, on the end of that stick.

This would likely also be an auto-kick for any of these idiots who come on with the express purpose of capping their own team's flags :x and they do this repeatedly, whenever there aren't moderators around they are sometimes hard to get rid of. Just about every server I've seen will automatically kick off repeated team killers, and a cap which kills the entire team would(should) trigger an auto kick from the server's internal mechanism.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Team flag act like geno adding user score when capping

Post by JeffM »

This can be done easily in a plugin.
ImageJeffM
Riftsplitter
Private
Private

Post by Riftsplitter »

Actually, this kind of a Plugin already exists for some time now.

Try asking around those who have it, meanwhile, I'll try to find a Map with it.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Riftsplitter wrote:Actually, this kind of a Plugin already exists for some time now.

Try asking around those who have it, meanwhile, I'll try to find a Map with it.
It couldn't have existed prior to 2.4.0 because it was not possible to manipulate player scores before then.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

blast wrote:It couldn't have existed prior to 2.4.0 because it was not possible to manipulate player scores before then.
I believe trepan did score manipulation before 2.4.0, so I think this plugin was written for one of his maps. And answer the original question, it's possible with bz_getTeamCount() and bz_setPlayerWins().
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

allejo wrote:I believe trepan did score manipulation before 2.4.0, so I think this plugin was written for one of his maps.
I do seem to recall something like that, though I think it was a lame hack that involved joining a fake player and having that fake player report being shot X times by the other player.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)