Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
- Private First Class
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 pm
- Location: Preaching to you... ;D
Currently the most popular tank MMO (according to GuinnessWorldRecords.com) is World of Tanks. I got the chance to test it and must say it had notable things which could be included in BZFlag. Most notably -
- Game engine synchronizes all players at game start, optimizes performance for low lag even over mobile/wifi connections.
- Team-Killers when they kill over two players are turned blue and become rogue so you can shoot them back.
- Multiple types of tanks/additional weapons can be bought and added to tanks
- International translations for a variety of languages and localized servers
The game: http://game.worldoftanks.com/
I would definately say by priority the engine of BZFlag could use some love, followed by Team-Kill prevention which could be a plugin. But regardless, just throwing the features out there for anyone enhancing BZFlag anymore.
- Posts: 1863
- Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm
- Location: South Bend, Indiana, USA
No one is... unless you are going to.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
- Staff Sergeant
- Posts: 5184
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:11 am
- Location: https://github.com/OmniTanks
To do all that we would have to start over from scratch. BZFlag was written a very long time ago and was not intended to be played over the internet. Most of what you are talking about could be handled by redoing BZFlag using the Torque 3d engine, http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d