Taunting plugin?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Trogdor BurNinat0R
Private First Class
Private First Class

Taunting plugin?

Post by Trogdor BurNinat0R »

This would be a simple plugin, so I'm wondering if it already exists (or something better).

A "taunting" plugin would detect specific in-game events or sequences, send out a little message to everyone and play custom sounds (discovered at load time in certain directories) (allowing people to distribute "sound packs" of .wavs). One example might have "from down-town!" from nba-jam for a long range kill, or various UT2004 announcer sounds perhaps for kill streaks, "nemesis" detection ala TF2... etc).

The downside would be all users on a server would have to have a sound pack installed as (at least in 2.4, not sure about other branches) there is no way to have the client download the sounds at map load time...
blast
General
General

Re: Taunting plugin?

Post by blast »

Plugin triggered sounds (custom or stock) have never worked right, unfortunately. It seemed to crash clients.

As for the messages, there is already a server plugin for that that we include with the game. The playHistoryTracker plugin will send out messages like "soandso is on a Rampage!".
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)