New Flag Suggestion

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Flag Suggestion

Post by ZE BOZZ »

I have come up with a new flag possibility that I have modeled after Call of Duty's "Advanced UAV" kill streak. It is an addition to the radar that allows the player, (entire team in CoD) to see the exact position of the enemy on the radar. Which direction they are facing and their tank movements. This flag would come in handy in many cases, such as when you are just around the corner from another tank and you hesitate on whether or not to quickly turn the corner and fire and whether their back is turned or not. I find myself in this situation quite often and likewise wondered how helpful it would be to have a flag like that that would most certainly add a new element to the game, for it provides the player with the flag a lot more information on his targets across the map. Whether this flag could be given to the whole team if one sole member posses it is something to be debated and decided. Whether a flag like this is possible to create is also in question. I would be willing to help in any way I could in the development but being as I have never actually created my own map and much less designed a new flag i'm probably not the best person to do it lol. I attached a photo of the CoD radar example so you could see more or less what i'm going after. Thanks!

ZE :D
Attachments
t9FBy.png
t9FBy.png (381.57 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien
blast
General
General

Re: New Flag Suggestion

Post by blast »

Already on the rejected flag idea list.

http://wiki.bzflag.org/Flag_ideas/Rejec ... e_.28RU.29
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZE BOZZ »

It says it would be a server setting not a flag; could it not be designed as a flag? Is it not a plausible idea or just something you just don't want to have in the game?
•• •• •• •• ••
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It was rejected as a flag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZE BOZZ »

Very interesting, thanks :)
•• •• •• •• ••