Bzflag w/BZFS with built support for plug-ins

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bzflag w/BZFS with built support for plug-ins

Post by trpted »

I think bzflag (with BZFS) should have built in support for plug-ins without having to download the source code and Compiling it to get plug-ins to work.

Thank you.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Bzflag w/BZFS with built support for plug-ins

Post by trpted »

And new plug-ins should not require re-compiling..

Thank you
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Having an interpreted language option for the API is probably a positive idea on the whole, and was visited by trepan when he was working on the LUA scripting feature (which was able to do a lot more than our API does now, including a lot of client-side enhancements).

For a long time now, the project has lacked the manpower and interest to simply take user ideas and implement them, especially when many more critical needs exist. Therefore, suggestions will usually need to be accompanied with a willingness to do the implementation work, or at least a significant part of it.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

At one point there was a Python plugin for bzfs. The plugin itself was C++ like our other plugins, but it was capable of hosting Python scripts that could access the bzfs plugin API through another API layer in the plugin. It was removed quite a while ago since nobody was maintaining it and it was sorely out of date.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)