/savemsgs?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

/savemsgs?

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

I've noticed that /savemsgs saves all content which is displayed by default on the console.
Sadly this does not provide the option to save only specific content and the option of saving content automatically.
(Such as only kills or flags grabbed or chat messages.)
The option of being able to automatically save content and have it already sorted would be a nice feature.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Re: /savemsgs?

Post by blast »

The -echo and -echoAnsi parameters to the 'bzflag' binary will, on Windows, log to a text file automatically and on other platforms will write the output to stdout, so it can be redirected to a file or program using standard redirection or piping.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: /savemsgs?

Post by Zehra »

Thanks blast.

This works pretty nicely.
Only thing is it overwrites the previous log if I start it again.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread