BZAdmin

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZAdmin

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

From the time I've spent here I've realized that BZAdmin is a great tool and excellent for many tasks.
Currently (I think) it could use some small improvements, by providing several options to it.
Some might wish to use BZAdmin, but are not in administrative position, but likely in position of cop or player.
Perhaps the option of having different mottoes could be useful, so someone might use "bzcop" or "bzplayer".

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
macsforme
General
General

Re: BZAdmin

Post by macsforme »

It says bzadmin because that is the name of the tool, not because the person using it is necessarily an administrator. It is there to indicate that the person is using a text client and is not privy to all information and features that are available to the full client.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Makes sense.
I sort of was thinking along the lines of "bzcop" and "bzplayer" being added as a way to indicate if the user using it was a non-administrator.
It perhaps would have still indicated if the user was using a text-based tool, but provide information related to user permissions.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The motto is sent along with the join, before the client could possibly know what permissions it has.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)