BZAdmin

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZAdmin

Post by Zehra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am

Hi all,

From the time I've spent here I've realized that BZAdmin is a great tool and excellent for many tasks.
Currently (I think) it could use some small improvements, by providing several options to it.
Some might wish to use BZAdmin, but are not in administrative position, but likely in position of cop or player.
Perhaps the option of having different mottoes could be useful, so someone might use "bzcop" or "bzplayer".

-Zehra
There's this game I love and it's called Ducati. ~Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
There's always something to remember and it's been a game I love. ~Zehra
The time spent is a time which can never be regained, so it's a time to enjoy. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
The details and the skill of knowing and applying them is what excellence is made of. ~Zehra
The best player is the one who knows what to do and when and applies it successfully. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra
My blog is available at zehrahblog.wordpress.com.

macsforme
General
General

Re: BZAdmin

Post by macsforme » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 pm

It says bzadmin because that is the name of the tool, not because the person using it is necessarily an administrator. It is there to indicate that the person is using a text client and is not privy to all information and features that are available to the full client.

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Makes sense.
I sort of was thinking along the lines of "bzcop" and "bzplayer" being added as a way to indicate if the user using it was a non-administrator.
It perhaps would have still indicated if the user was using a text-based tool, but provide information related to user permissions.

-Zehra
There's this game I love and it's called Ducati. ~Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
There's always something to remember and it's been a game I love. ~Zehra
The time spent is a time which can never be regained, so it's a time to enjoy. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
The details and the skill of knowing and applying them is what excellence is made of. ~Zehra
The best player is the one who knows what to do and when and applies it successfully. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra
My blog is available at zehrahblog.wordpress.com.

blast
General
General

Post by blast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm

The motto is sent along with the join, before the client could possibly know what permissions it has.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)