flag ideas

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

flag ideas

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Rogue genocide or Roguebomb? RG or RB

BH Big Hop;it makes you jump twice as high as normal

MH Mini hop; half the jump as normal

MF Bad flag.....Malfunction; you have no control over your tank

FR Freeze; you are frozen until time goes out

BB Big Bullet; you shoot your bullet and when range runs out it makes an extra large explosion about twice as big as a tank

MR Mirror flag; everything looks backwards

Just goofin around with crazy ideas...
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

NOOOOOO ROUGE GENO!

Post by sid6.7 »

rouge geno has been discussed and thrown out a dozen times

big hop is kinda already around in the server settings
although it is for everyone..same with mini hop

malfuction might be fuuny

freeze has already been discussed and nothing happened

big bullet...how about shotgun? your bullet goes out
a range then explodes into multiple bullets for a
smaller range.....maybe this would more like artillery flag
i think someone wanted this before..?

mirror has been discussed but its about bullets
hitting you and bouncing back at attacker..
Lirael_Goldenhand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lirael_Goldenhand »

Since I'm here, I'll give you my opinions on each flag in order. =) Makes it easier.

Rogue genocide isn't quite right. The entire point of being on the rogue team is to avoid geno, but at the price of being shot at by everyone regardless of team. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.)
Big hop seems like a pretty cool idea.
Mini hop... eh, it doesn't really appeal to me.
Malfunction I don't like. The bad flags do enough.
Freeze might be kind of neat as a bad flag, though I wouldn't want to get it too often. =)
Big bullet seems wrong somehow.
Mirror flag would be pretty neat. I don't know how it would fit into gameplay, though.

If you don't all ready know, you can submit flag ideas to the development team. I've never submitted anything, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.
Does the walker choose the path or does the path choose the walker?

In dust we trust.

You never saw this. It didn't happen. Don't tell anyone or you're a dead man.
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

The only comment I'll make is that freeze would be neat if it were more like a stasis field (as in Starcraft), where you can't move but you are also invulnerable.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
Lirael_Goldenhand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Workaphobia:
But if you were invulnerable, it wouldn't be much of a bad flag then, would it? =)[/quote]

In dust we trust.

Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

Ever play starcraft? The idea is that you use stasis field to take out half a dozen units, then you can concentrate on the others, wipe them out, and wait for the initial group to heal so you can finish them off. Divide and conquer. Though... I guess it would make more sense if it were a weapon and not a bad flag then. In any case, it's a bad effect to suffer from, just not as bad as immobilization without immortality.
Lirael_Goldenhand
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well, I've never played Starcraft. Though I've heard many good things about it... but now I know what you mean. =)

In dust we trust.

Wooble
Private
Private

How about a Cloak & Dagger flag

Post by Wooble »

It would be like the Cloak flag, but when you are cloaked, you cannot fire, but you can STAB. :shock:
Wooble
Private
Private

Travelling Shockwave

Post by Wooble »

What about a travelling shockwave...
It would be like you fire a shot, then when the shot gets to the end of its natural life, it explodes into a shockwave!!!!
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

IMO, flag ideas that make use of shockwave (or any other existing one) but only change one or two things should not be considered. Even if the bullet's wave was smaller or compensated for by some other means, the idea is a bit redundant. If the graphics animation were totally different, then it might be justified to have some sort of explosive shell, but otherwise it's just varying an existing concept instead of innovating new ones.
Redtail
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Redtail »

A few of my ideas...
Good Flags...
PD- Piledirver. All shots go streight down, through all objects (like superbullet), killing all tanks below. Really useful for highly vertical maps.
EC- Explosive charges. My own take on the "mines" idea. Every time you "shoot", you place one charge. 5 seconds after you drop the flag, all the charges go off, killing tanks that sit right atop any of the charges. All charges should be plainly visable.
FT- Flail Tank. Destroys explocive charges, a
EC- Explosive charges. My own take on the "mines" idea. Every time you "shoot", you place one charge. 5 seconds after you drop the flag, all the charges go off, killing tanks that sit right atop any of the charges. All charges should be plainly visable.
FT- Flail Tank. Destroys explocive charges, and destroys tanks like SR, but it only will destroy enemy tanks, and only in a 1x1x1 cube directly ahead of your tank.
SC- Smokescrene. Each shot is a sortof smoke bomb, which nd destroys tanks like SR, but it only will destroy enemy tanks, and only in a 1x1x1 cube directly ahead of your tank.
SC- Smokescrene. Each shot is a sortof smoke bomb, which when it hits an object, or reaches it's max range (about that of rapid fire) puts out a cloud of smoke that breaks up the view, and absorbs any laser fire. Perhaps these shots can destroy tanks too?
WC- Wall Climber. When you hit a wall, you will start to go up the wall, instead of just stopping. If you hit a celing, you will be unable to continue upwards. As you climb, you cannot shoot or turn, but can be shot from the outside.

Bad Flags...
PT- Pancake Tank. All of the dissadvantages of burrow, with out the advantage of being able to fit under stuff, and to avoid regular shots.
RF- Random Fire. Your shots go in random directions from your tank.
RI- Reloader Injuery. Your tank reloads at 1/6 the usual rate.
Logwad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Logwad »

Split shot- you fire two shots but they spread out at angles that can be adjusted by the server. If you shoot straight at someone you will miss unless very close, I feel this might add interesting strategy.

Mortar- a shot that will travel in a an arc up into the air, when the shot comes back down it will release a shockwave type effect.

The angle of the shot depends on how fast you are moving foward(or the vertical posistion of the mouse on the screen). For example if you are standing still (mouse in the center of the screen) the shot will be fired at a 45 degree angle.

If you fire while moving at top speed foward (mouse at top of screen) the shot will fire at 90 degree angle or straight up. If you stop you will be hit by your own blast.

If you fire in full reverse (mouse at bottom) then you fire at a 0 degree angle, or straight foward. The shot will move at full velocity but will also fall to the ground and when the blast goes off you could be caught in it.

Just two humble ideas.
Logwad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Logwad »

Here's some bad flag ideas.

Upside down flag - Your veiw is turned upside down (just your view, not tank)

Reverse flag - everything is reversed, you have to move back to go foward, left to go right etc.

Also nearly everyone agrees that machine gun it one of the most useless flags out there. In fact, whenever I pick it up it's just like having a bad flag, because my range is suddenly decreased. One thing to consider doing is also givin gthe tank slightly faster movement (for example about half the effect of high speed and quick turn together). With the abilitly to have a chance of getting in close, people might start to use it. Effectivly.

It would also be good to consider steamroller for this too.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

reverse flag is allready in 1.11.x
ImageJeffM
poxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

machine gun

Post by poxy »

On my server (10shot.pieinthesky.kicks-ass.org) has machine gun adjusted so its rate of fire is extremely fast, and the range is considerably longer than a normal machine gun... Machine gun is quite usable and can be quite a lifesaver at times, especially when there are 20 or more people on.
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

MG

Post by sid6.7 »

machine gun is a very useful flag as it is
when on a 1 or 2 shot server.....its handy
sometimes VS narrow or CL...and can also
be handy when your both jumping at each
and firing...you can tag someone easier
mid-air.....
Redtail
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Redtail »

Another flag idea, Kick, which is basicly the reverse of Thief. When you pick it up, and you shoot another tank with it, it drops whatever flag it is carrying, to take the "reverse thief" (working name) flag, which it can in turn shoot off to another tank. It's effect as a weapon is to force another tank to drop it's super or team flag. Or perhaps make it so that the team flag can be passed in this manor.

Another idea, the Spy flag, it combinds MQ and ST flags, but gives the tank the dis-advantage of not being able to shoot. Seer should still be able to detect spy tanks. Perhaps make it so it can shoot "camaras", allowing to spy tank to watch many areas at once. Perhaps hit shift+arrow keys, or shift+home to move from camara to camara, where the observer style commands work (except you cannot move the camara)
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

If the flag requires an extra button for control, they'll probably pass on it. I also don't like the idea of MQ without every player being able to immediately tell its a fake - even if the guy can't shoot, he can still confuse the team to the extent that they wonder if they have traitors on their side.

I like Kick, though.