Flag Cap Counter & League Team Chat

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
indy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Cap Counter & League Team Chat

Post by indy »

Can we add a 'Flag Cap Counter' for each player in the upper left player score section?

I think this would greatly encourage players that attack often and don't score personally well but greatly contribute to their teams wins.

Also, is there a way to do a 'League Team Chat' so that an obs player can send team chat to their team in the game?

Thank you.

-Indy
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Flag Cap Counter & League Team Chat

Post by Zehra »

@Indy, I'm not so sure about the first idea, since it would be league specific or mostly apply to leagues.
(Maybe something else could be done via a plug-in? [End of match, player with most caps from each team is announced in public or team chat.])

But for the league team chat idea, this probably could be done via plug-in and specifically reminds me of the 'ChatChannel' plug-in.
(Link to latest release: ChatChannel 1.2)
I'm not sure if this would fit your needs, but it sounds somewhat similar to the idea you have and might fit your needs.
(Note:It would need to be updated to the current version of BZFlag/BZFS/API.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The entire scoring system in BZFlag is sub-optimal and needs to be revamped. For example, having a significantly negative score is discouraging to new players who are trying to learn the game. Giving out points for carrying or capturing the flag, or at least rewarding those things in some way, should be a part of the game. This is one of the things that we have discussed as needing improvement and we are looking into it.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The ChatChannel plug-in is currently up to date.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I've done some work myself regarding this.
(Actually simply a modification of one of my stats plug-ins.)
Display of flag captures isn't so nice, but perhaps may still be of interest.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Zehra wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:45 pm I've done some work myself regarding this.
(Actually simply a modification of one of my stats plug-ins.)
Display of flag captures isn't so nice, but perhaps may still be of interest.
If it's flag captures and player statistics you want, I gladly welcome help on the Postgame project where I have already 11300+ matches indexed and summarized.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

allejo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:48 am If it's flag captures and player statistics you want, I gladly welcome help on the Postgame project where I have already 11300+ matches indexed and summarized.
I'll see if I can bring anything to the table on Postgame.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread