Server Filtering

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Server Filtering

Post by Zehra »

I've thought over time of how people can filter servers, we can search for ones we want, but what if we could filter out the ones we don't want?

It would make searching the list server much easier by providing a better way of searching.
I'm thinking it would probably work somewhat like the silence list, and omit servers which one wants to filter out.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Server Filtering

Post by Super Android 13 »

There are already pre-set filters on the server list, you just need to hit "?" to see how they work, and how to use them. This can separate official match servers from others, filter out servers without any players or observers, or show servers that only have active players on them. You'll have to hit "Esc" after reading through the filter info pages to return to the server list. Number keys "1" - "9" activate quick filters, while you can also hit "/" to enter a custom filter that will show servers that only contain the text that you type in. If needed, hit number key "0" to reset all filters.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

@Buzzy

The goal is not to search for which servers one wants, but to remove the ones someone does not want.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I'm thinking it can work like the silence list in a way.

So imagine being able to do this:

Code: Select all

set filteredServer0 "server-domain.com"
And having that server specifically not show on the list for oneself.
Depending on preferences, different servers can be filtered out.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread