I got bored

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I got bored

Post by JeffM »

Yes they are all on the blue team.
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: I got bored

Post by JeffM »

More details.

Players pick a skin type on the join menu.

Every team has 5 skin choices.

Each player's skin choice is sent to other players and uses, so people on the same team can have some individual customization.

The resolution of all tank textures have also been increased.
ImageJeffM
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZE BOZZ »

That's awesome! The kinda stuff this game is missing.
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Bringing some life back to this thread; I would be very interested in bringing this idea to a map that I'm making; would it be possible to proceed with this one concretely?
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

As a follow-up, if this can somehow be realized; what exactly happens in case of the MQ flag being grabbed, or if the tank height, length, or width server variables are changed?
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

tainn wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm Bringing some life back to this thread; I would be very interested in bringing this idea to a map that I'm making; would it be possible to proceed with this one concretely?
From what I recall, this feature would be available in a future protocol break and I believe it was for 2.6.x, if I am not mistaken.
Although the textures could be used for the 'material' object within the '.bzw' format, I somewhat doubt this is your goal.
tainn wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:01 pm As a follow-up, if this can somehow be realized; what exactly happens in case of the MQ flag being grabbed, or if the tank height, length, or width server variables are changed?
I'm assuming that most likely, it would remain the same, minus the team color change.
In the case of tank size variables being changed, the textures would adjust the same way as they do now.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Zehra wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 pmI'm assuming that most likely, it would remain the same, minus the team color change.
Can you elaborate on this regarding the MQ flag? I'm not exactly sure what you are saying in this paragraph.

Would grabbing the MQ flag choose a skin of an opponent's team at random, copy the skin that the player seeing you in specific has, or something else?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'd assume it would use the same texture index, just for a different color. Regardless, it's not a possible feature in 2.4.x.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)